10 replies to this topic

JDK

JDK

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Joined 21 Sep 2011
  • Ohio

Just got my new skimmer. Will try and do a review in the coming days. Fits in Chamber 1 of biocube 29

Posted Image

basicfisherman

basicfisherman

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 18 Feb 2007
  • Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
It looks sexy but does it skim? :D Can't wait to hear what you say. I bought a slim skim nano for my BC29 and wish I would have done a little more homework. Works fine so far but not what I thought I was getting......yet at least. Good luck with the skimmer and keep us all posted.

1fishmonger

1fishmonger

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,054 posts
  • Joined 08 Sep 2010
Yes it does. I am very happy with the performance I see. Takes a little while to break in and tune in to the correct height but it's great for the price.

JDK

JDK

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Joined 21 Sep 2011
  • Ohio

You have the cup set way too low, you'll just be getting water unless you move it way up. After a few weeks, you'll be able to move it down.

Yeah its not even running in the pic. I was just seeing how it fit in chamber 1 of my Biocube and snapped a quick pick before I did a hot fresh water run for about an hour to clean it up. Now I have it up and running and the cup is moved all the way up until I get a good slime coat.

cdrewferd

cdrewferd

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 24 Nov 2011
How much of the stock hood would you have to cut off to make this fit?

little_ocean_treasures

little_ocean_treasures

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 07 Apr 2011
  • Northern MN
Thank you so much for posting this. Seriously!! :lol: I searched the internet high and low for weeks for someone running the Aquamaxx on their Biocube 29 and could only find a review on Marine Depot that someone put this skimmer on their BC29 HQI (which is what I have) but I didn't know how he got it to fit. I read measurements, took measurements, asked Aquamaxx themselves who told me to ask Marine Depot, asked Marine Depot who told me "no it wouldn't fit". I was determined to find something somewhere that would help me and here you are. :P

Sweet! I'm placing my order today!! And when they are in stock again (as everywhere on the internet right now are out of stock) I will post my review as well so that it too can help others who are looking all over like I was.

Again, thanks!!

JDK

JDK

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Joined 21 Sep 2011
  • Ohio

Sweet! I'm placing my order today!! And when they are in stock again (as everywhere on the internet right now are out of stock) I will post my review as well so that it too can help others who are looking all over like I was.

Again, thanks!!

Go to Ebay. It is listed there as the JNS- VS1. Same exact skimmer rebranded as a different name. JNS originally made these skimmers for Warner Marine and Aquamaxx. It is now called the JNS VS1.

Best part. The vendor on Ebay has a "best offer" option. I got it for 190$ shipped to my door. Make an offer of 180$ if he rejects it offer 190$.

little_ocean_treasures

little_ocean_treasures

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 07 Apr 2011
  • Northern MN
Thanks, but I did that exact thing for the two Ecotech MP10s I got two months ago and both had slight issues that I had to go to the company for so I just ordered the skimmer from Marine Depot yesterday...was only $9 more. I actually wanted to order it from a website where they had it for $179.99 but the three different places I found it for that price were out of stock as well. Grr! lol

So as I wait for mine I will be watching here on how you like yours. ;)

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 08 Mar 2012
I know this is a stupid question but what is the tube sticking up out of chamber 1?

disaster999

disaster999

dimsum

• Members
  • 6,005 posts
  • Joined 22 Aug 2007
  • Hong Kong
thats part of the return from the skimmer

Posted Image

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 08 Mar 2012
Any updates on the skimmer. How do you still like it? Mine should be here on Tuesday can't wait to try it out.