inTank Media Baskets

My New Skimmer- Aquamaxx HOB-1- Biocube 29 Chamber 1

JDK

basicfisherman

It looks sexy but does it skim? :D Can't wait to hear what you say. I bought a slim skim nano for my BC29 and wish I would have done a little more homework. Works fine so far but not what I thought I was getting......yet at least. Good luck with the skimmer and keep us all posted.

1fishmonger

Yes it does. I am very happy with the performance I see. Takes a little while to break in and tune in to the correct height but it's great for the price.

You have the cup set way too low, you'll just be getting water unless you move it way up. After a few weeks, you'll be able to move it down.

Yeah its not even running in the pic. I was just seeing how it fit in chamber 1 of my Biocube and snapped a quick pick before I did a hot fresh water run for about an hour to clean it up. Now I have it up and running and the cup is moved all the way up until I get a good slime coat.

little_ocean_treasures

Thank you so much for posting this. Seriously!! :lol: I searched the internet high and low for weeks for someone running the Aquamaxx on their Biocube 29 and could only find a review on Marine Depot that someone put this skimmer on their BC29 HQI (which is what I have) but I didn't know how he got it to fit. I read measurements, took measurements, asked Aquamaxx themselves who told me to ask Marine Depot, asked Marine Depot who told me "no it wouldn't fit". I was determined to find something somewhere that would help me and here you are. :P

Sweet! I'm placing my order today!! And when they are in stock again (as everywhere on the internet right now are out of stock) I will post my review as well so that it too can help others who are looking all over like I was.

Again, thanks!!

Sweet! I'm placing my order today!! And when they are in stock again (as everywhere on the internet right now are out of stock) I will post my review as well so that it too can help others who are looking all over like I was.

Again, thanks!!

Go to Ebay. It is listed there as the JNS- VS1. Same exact skimmer rebranded as a different name. JNS originally made these skimmers for Warner Marine and Aquamaxx. It is now called the JNS VS1.

Best part. The vendor on Ebay has a "best offer" option. I got it for 190$ shipped to my door. Make an offer of 180$ if he rejects it offer 190$.

little_ocean_treasures

Thanks, but I did that exact thing for the two Ecotech MP10s I got two months ago and both had slight issues that I had to go to the company for so I just ordered the skimmer from Marine Depot yesterday...was only $9 more. I actually wanted to order it from a website where they had it for $179.99 but the three different places I found it for that price were out of stock as well. Grr! lol

So as I wait for mine I will be watching here on how you like yours. ;)

Archived