Top Shelf Aquatics

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 Gen 2s over my 55 gallon. I would have preferred the Pros but the cost was prohibitive. To be honest, if I didn't know about the Pros I would be completely happy with the G2s - they are highly controllable and I am seeing good colour and growth. I think the G2s are on sale at a couple of retailers at the moment.

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback. I did some more reading and saw that I can upgrade to the Pro later on if I really want to.

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback. I did some more reading and saw that I can upgrade to the Pro later on if I really want to.

Right - it's possible, but expensive! Good idea to thoroughly check out all the options on a large purchase like this. Whatever you decide, there are no bad options!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just got my Radion Pro up and running last night. However, I am having an issue setting the correct local time. I am stationed I Japan but the time on Ecosmartlive keeps reverting back to California time. For the time being I had to set the lights to come on at 5pm and off at 5am. I emailed Ecotech already but still waiting for a response. Anybody have any experience with or a solution for this?

• 4 months later...

Hey guys Just received my first Radion light, I went with the Radion Pro. and I must say WOW these lights look great I personally love the colors and how flexible the colors can be. I have been tweaking the high coral growth settings for now. but I am curious to what settings some of you guys use over your tank. I like the 16-20k look.

if any of you have a programmed setting you like would you guys mind sending it to me so i could check it out?

I just upgraded my Radion G1 to a Radion G3 Pro.

I also use the wide angle lens for better coverage over a 40g breeder.

If anyone wants to know about upgrading, I described the process and what differences I see between the G1 and G3 Pro in my thread. (See sig)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone upgraded from a G2 to G3? As I am now (probably) going be using just one light over my downsized tank, $150 to upgrade the LEDs is doable. I'd like to have the additional colors but it's all a bit confusing. Is the real benefit of the G3 Pro over the G3 just PAR or is there more to it?

I guess i can be added. My gen 2 will be here tomorrow with the 120degree optics I ordered as well. Will be going over my 40 breeder

05XRunner

I will say also it seems taking photos under the Radion is much easier then any other LED system i have have had. I dont know if its the way they are reflecting the lights into the tank causing the light in the tank to be more of a 1 full spectrum vs some other lights that dont blend as well. I am not getting over blown color saturation though like I use to do with other LED fixtures. Not gonna complain though as that was one thing that was a PITA with LED was getting good proper images.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys... I just hooked up my Radion XR15W on EcoTech's RMS tank Mount on my JBJ 12g Nano... looking forwrd to seeing if I can learn any good lighting cycles, just running fish, rock and CUC for now, hoping to add corals in a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Finding Paulo

ive been away from the game but just got back.. about to upgrade my gen1 to pro .. two questions

1. is it really worth it?

2. will reeflink work on my gen 1 without upgrading?

BeardedReeferLLC

ive been away from the game but just got back.. about to upgrade my gen1 to pro .. two questions

1. is it really worth it?

Yes it is worth it.

2. will reeflink work on my gen 1 without upgrading?

Also.. Yes that is correct.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello. I just got myself a second hand radion XR30W G2 2 months ago.

Was working ok. Then I power off last week for water change and forget to power on after water change

Now seems the timing has shift.

It was suppose to be 11 am on. Now is 5 am on.

Anyone meet with such problem before?

Hello. I just got myself a second hand radion XR30W G2 2 months ago.

Was working ok. Then I power off last week for water change and forget to power on after water change

Now seems the timing has shift.

It was suppose to be 11 am on. Now is 5 am on.

Anyone meet with such problem before?

It happened to me when I first purchased it. It was incredibly annoying. I did everything for the 1st day and it wouldn't fix itself. I set the times to work with the weird time it thought it was. The next morning I wake up and the lights were off so I start swearing at it and when I log onto Ecosmart live and plug it in the time just randomly fixed itself. Not sure why but it seems to take a day or so for these issues to clear up based on what I've read. I would also try contacting Ecotech directly.

P.S. I'm new to the Ecotech club :) Build link is in my signature.

Thank You for sharing.

Is this problem of time shift when poweroff for a few day resolve?

If there is a solution for this power off time shift issue ?

Please share

Archived