Pod Your Reef

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for Radion owners, am I the only one the left they emit looks pink/purple to? I was at a store this week and they looked very pinkish, could have been that store's settings though.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for Radion owners, am I the only one the left they emit looks pink/purple to? I was at a store this week and they looked very pinkish, could have been that store's settings though.

You an make em look pink, or blue, or purple, or red, or yellow, or green, or white and a bunch of shades in between. All the different color channels are individually controllable for power so the possibilities are vast.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a Radion XR30 Gen 2 to put over my Fusion 20 gal.

I have a question about intensity. I have the overall intensity at 65% but at my peak during the day the output is only 41%. Is this because I have everything except the blues turned down? Do you feel that the 41% is pretty accurate representation of the actual intensity?

Below is a screen shot of my schedule at its peak.

4:00PM is the peak of my lighting cycle.

Royal Blue: 100%

Blue: 100%

Cool White: 40%

Green: 15%

Red: 35%

BC8B0A73-DA05-463D-9AAE-85B00158CA59.png

ED2F0D8C-1574-4878-AD94-797F4717855F.jpg

Don't go to high or yee shall fry! I have one on a Fusion 20 had to lower to 25 up to 30, The30 is a powerful light take it easy

Don't go to high or yee shall fry! I have one on a Fusion 20 had to lower to 25 up to 30, The30 is a powerful light take it easy

That's what I'm nervous about.

Is your overall intensity at 30%?

That's what I'm nervous about.

Is your overall intensity at 30%?

I just raised it to 35 tonight, I had it all the way up to 70 when I first got it wow big mistake, then even at 50 was to much. Favia, montipora, brain all were bleaching Zoas shrinking, didn't actually know what problem was at first lowered intensity Corals came back beautiful.

Same problem. I set overall intensity at 100% initially.

Many livestock bleach

jdog how long they take to recover after you adjust down intensity

Just picked up a Radion XR30 Gen 2 to put over my Fusion 20 gal.

I have a question about intensity. I have the overall intensity at 65% but at my peak during the day the output is only 41%. Is this because I have everything except the blues turned down? Do you feel that the 41% is pretty accurate representation of the actual intensity?

Below is a screen shot of my schedule at its peak.

4:00PM is the peak of my lighting cycle.

Royal Blue: 100%

Blue: 100%

Cool White: 40%

Green: 15%

Red: 35%

With Radions everybody should start down around 20-25%, dont use the ecotech acclimation. Adjust upwards 1% every week manually (some people go 1% every two weeks to a month) and keep a close eye on your corals. If you see bleaching back it down. You may be able to go higher later on but you gotta give your corals plenty of time to adjust. Radions rarely run over small tanks higher than 40-50%, but there are a lot of factors that will affect your final max intensity. They will look pretty weak around 20% but don't be fooled, our eyes can't see PAR or many spectrums.

Reduced my intensity a bit. The tank was under a kessil 360 before so they are used to LED. I'm using the number under 'custom' as a gauge for intensity... Not the overall intensity number

AC901DE6-AFAA-4B2F-8171-23E3B3A42592.png

Archived