Coral Vue Hydros

CAD Lights

Seiryoku

Ya. Its a bummer. I never agreed to ship it out and I never offered either. In his email he said "Oh I forgot to send the shipping label for the reactor in the last email. Please drop off the reactor tomorrow.Hes got Nitrates problems." He told me the guy has nitrate problems in his tank and he needs his reactor right away. He also pretty much told me to drop it off as if I am his employee. As I have said I will get around to it when I can. I'm in no rush as when I get off work UPS stores are closed and when I go to work they are closed. I'm not sure if they are open on Sundays as that is my one day off if I get a day off. haha.

What really sucks is the tanks are REALLY nice. The glass is soooooooooo clear. I've never seen such clear glass before. Major bummer that a lot of people are going to be turned away from a great tank just because he can't figure out how to properly run a business.

I find it ironic that the same type of behavior you condemn of Eddie, you come to exhibit yourself.

I'm not trying to stand up for a guy who may have serious customer service issues, however, your almost outright refusal to return an item that was inadvertently sent to you is a little childish.

I understand the onus shouldn't be on you but this is a case of "try to be better than them" as I see it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not trying to stand up for a guy who may have serious customer service issues, however, your almost outright refusal to return an item that was inadvertently sent to you is a little childish.

Agreed. I thought it was really out of line to post the reactor for sale in the classifieds. Glad to see you've since removed it.

Returning it isn't much of an inconvenience. You put it back into it's box, attach the return label when provided, and drop it into a UPS drop box. No waiting in line and they're all over the place.

eddiecorrea
Agreed. I thought it was really out of line to post the reactor for sale in the classifieds. Glad to see you've since removed it.

Returning it isn't much of an inconvenience. You put it back into it's box, attach the return label when provided, and drop it into a UPS drop box. No waiting in line and they're all over the place.

I had posted it when he said I could keep it. Then he came back with a email saying to send it back. I finally got it dropped off to a driver today. But I was in no rush to return it as I work 16+ hours a day. Getting a day off which is usually Sunday is a luxury for me. I had no desire to take more time off(took Wednesday off to accept a fish tank) and take it to a UPS store. The package was far too big to place in a UPS drop box. Obviously I wasn't gonna keep it. That wouldn't have been right. But I was so extremely frustrated that I lost hundreds of dollars in work because he made yet another shipping mistake and didn't really care. So I wasn't about to show haste in shipping something out.

eddiecorrea

So after having the tank up for a few days and having it aquascaped I will say it's a great little tank. The glass is amazing. The chambers work well. There is even enough room to hide the heater under them. You don't need to use a chamber for it. The light seems pretty powerful. Nice even spread. But it's too blue for me. If I had to put a number on it is say it is about 16k. That doesn't bother me because I think I'm going to buy a full spectrum par 38 from LEDtric.

Anyone want to buy this light?! It would work PERFECT for a shallow tank. Or even a fuge.

I greatly dislike CAD Lights...but like their tank prices -_-

Looking at ~950 from them versus ~1500 from Lee Mar. Can only assume Lee Mar has better quality glass/builders. Can anyone confirm? My current issues with CAD Lights is their customer service, may still consider a tank, and only a tank, from them (through a local shop) if I can learn more of their quality...

• 4 months later...

Since making this thread I've continued to read horror stories about CAD Lights. Sad they can't improve their...anything...

Never did get a tank made, stuff popped up and prevented it! In the market again though. Looking at getting a 24x24x24 cube for saltwater (rimless, starphire, etc, etc) and a 36x20x20 to move my 46 bow freshwater into (rimless, starphire, etc, etc).

Found a place near me, Your Reef, that seems to have very competitive prices on Lee Mar tanks. Also working with Keith Grant on quotes again.

So in conclusion, CAD Lights sucks ass don't ever buy anything from them!

Since making this thread I've continued to read horror stories about CAD Lights. Sad they can't improve their...anything...

Never did get a tank made, stuff popped up and prevented it! In the market again though. Looking at getting a 24x24x24 cube for saltwater (rimless, starphire, etc, etc) and a 36x20x20 to move my 46 bow freshwater into (rimless, starphire, etc, etc).

Found a place near me, Your Reef, that seems to have very competitive prices on Lee Mar tanks. Also working with Keith Grant on quotes again.

hahaha. Ya. I'm upgrading away from their 8 gal AIO already. The glass quality is really even that good now that I look at it. I just had some glass cut for my custom tank and assembled it all and side by side I can't tell a difference.

You should make a tank. They are actually pretty easy and fun to make. I'm going to start making and selling them here soon I think. It is a fun little side hobby.

Yeah - Your Reef is an awesome store in Sacramento. I enjoyed going there when I lived in Sac and the customer service was always top notch !!!

John was really nice, his store was a lot smaller than I was expecting...lots of frags and coral for sale though. Waiting to hear back from Lee Mar through him.

Stopped at Aquarium Depot as well. Great experience, bought ~$140 in freshwater fish/supplies. Even got 10% off everything :)

Got the quotes back from Keith. $750 for the 24" cube and $1,050 for the 36x20x24. Prices seem fair, until I asked about a trapezoid shaped overflow. He said it would add $200 to each tank due to the increased glass work required o_o

Whats up with that?

I bought my whole system top to bottom from CAD Lights along with a few of my friends and very happy with it as well as with the people who work there. you should only make judgments based on your own personal experience. lots to say for someone who NEVER bought anything from this company. instead of bad service, it should be said that you didnt receive any service due to them not "bend over backwards" for you or that you couldnt afford their system at regular price. how can you hate a company that doesnt want to discount for you?

this company has been around for many years and like many other companies, they deal with alot of people, nobody is perfect nor any business. of course theres gonna be bad experiences, but from all the things i read, it has always been resolved. also it seems like its the same issues brought back up over and over again. i did my research too prior to making my choice with a CAD Aquarium.

Trying to purchase a 70g Artisan II system from Cad Lights. Have sent them three emails and a facebook message. Still no response. Emailed one of the dealers listed on their website... They stopped dealing with CAD Lights "for that exact reason" (told them about not receiving a response to emails/facebook messages).

I've never had this much trouble tying to give a company my money! Perhaps I should give it to someone else eh?

If your looking for something in a similar price range, contact Miracles in Glass out of Canada. They are amazing, quick responding, and good quality!

I bought my whole system top to bottom from CAD Lights along with a few of my friends and very happy with it as well as with the people who work there. you should only make judgments based on your own personal experience. lots to say for someone who NEVER bought anything from this company. instead of bad service, it should be said that you didnt receive any service due to them not "bend over backwards" for you or that you couldnt afford their system at regular price. how can you hate a company that doesnt want to discount for you?

this company has been around for many years and like many other companies, they deal with alot of people, nobody is perfect nor any business. of course theres gonna be bad experiences, but from all the things i read, it has always been resolved. also it seems like its the same issues brought back up over and over again. i did my research too prior to making my choice with a CAD Aquarium.

I researched CAD Lights for nearly a month before deciding to try and buy from them. Despite all of the bad I discovered I decided to give them a shot. Turns out they simply suck...but I am glad you had a positive experience with them as very seem to ^^)b I went out of my way to contact countless people who setup CAD systems (scoured forums for their threads). Even those who didn't have a flat out crap experience had numerous issues with quality of products, lack of customer service, parts missing in shipments, etc (not everyone had all of those problems, but generally at least one).

I'm not talking out of my ass here. Spent plenty of time and talked to plenty of people before deciding to hate them :)

About not being able to afford their system at regular price... LOL I'm about to spend more than their entire system costs on nothing but two tanks, no equipment, sumps or plumbing, just two tanks!!! Their system isn't worth what they are asking, affording it isn't the problem :)

If you are wanting a custom tank, its reef savvy all the way. Got em to build me a 50g and even drove to miami to get it. The best glass work ive ever seen. I even got phone call updates as he built it, no back and forth on emails. They are just good people.

7563718668_489eb77ec8.jpg

IMG_3660 by icombs17, on Flickr

Going to put a deposit down this weekend on two Lee Mar tanks :)

24" cube and 36"x24"x20", both rimless with three holes/trapezoid overflow. $1,900 out the door for both tanks :)

yes, i did research as well and have seen those similar complaints. but one thing is that they are all taken care of with everything that the customer requested. ive received replies that they are satisfied with the outcome and CADs solution. also, mostly all of the complaints are very old man. for you to still be bringing up those outdated complaints make you seem not updated and unfair. you can also see that there are no recent complaints of the Artisan II systems (which is what i got), so saying they currently "suck" just isnt accurate. i even saw a thread where a lady bought 2 tanks from them and opened them up after 1.5 years. then found some chips on them and CAD still sent her 2 new ones. she had to pay for shipping, but damn, thats pretty good.

i read on your past post that, "they arent willing to bend over backwards for you" or turned down your offer. maybe thats why they ignored you cause your offer isnt worth their time. i manage a car dealership, and if i have a bunch of other customers willing to pay reg. prices i would have no choice but to dedicate our time for them. nothing personal but i gotta run my business.

Good luck on those Lee Mar's. check the seams and build quality man (i did before buying mine). there are NO BEADING on those seams and there are huge long bubbles in the seams themselves as well. asked them why, they just told me "thats the way the silicone cures". looks like they just build the tank, then used a razor and cut off all the beading to be straight. Elos, Vitrea, Miracles, CAD Lights and other high end tank makers have straight seams and a BEAD. Any CAD light tank owner will tell you, our seams are perfectly straight and BEADED also NO BUBBLES.

do you even know the structural integrity of seams with or without a bead? assuming you are looking for a rimless too.

as far as for equipment goes, its top notch dude. Silent Cone skimmers, Recirculating Cone bio reactors, large refugiums, silent overflows, bright LED lights and priced well under $1K compared to other "Full packages". good luck sleeping with all that "hate" in you.

I had a CAD tank and the seams weren't perfect. Far from it actually. Used it for 6 months and got rid of it. Junk IMO.

you mean your 8G Mini tank? havent heard of any complaints from anybody else about the seams of the Mini. seen them at a show in person and they looked fine.

If you are wanting a custom tank, its reef savvy all the way. Got em to build me a 50g and even drove to miami to get it. The best glass work ive ever seen. I even got phone call updates as he built it, no back and forth on emails. They are just good people.

That's all kinds of sexy right there. I've heard nothing but great things from reef savvy owners. When I upgrade in a few years, it's going to be a reef savvy tank. Might cost a bit to ship, but I think it's worth it.

Very nice glass work. I built a few tanks way back in the day and I'd like to know on these newer style tanks is the silicone between the two panels all that is holding it together? I'm used to seeing a thick bead on the inside holding the sides together.

I should also mention that I have had a 12g Cadlights running for over 4 years. It was a bit rough when I got it (had to remove some silicone with a blade), but it has hel up well. To be honest, customer service was better at the time I bought it than later on, though.

Archived