Cultivated Reef

PLEASE HELP! MY TANK WAS POISONED!

Euphyllia

WHILE I WAS GONE TODAY MY SISTER DECIDED TO PLAY A JOKE. SHE PUT BLUE FOOD DYE IN MY TANKS. I NEED HELP RIGHT NOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! SHE SAID THE DYE ISN'T HARMFUL TO FISH OR CORALS, BUT I THINK OTHERWISE!!!!!! I NEED HELP NOW!!!!! I SPLIT THE WATER EVENLY BETWEEN THE THREE TANKS, 3G CHANGE FOR MY 14G, 10G CHANGE FOR MY BIOCUBE29HQI AND 10G FOR MY RSM130. I HAVE NO MORE WATER AND ALL THE LFS ARE CLOSED, PLUS MY GROCERY STORE IS OUT OF DISTILLED. I HAVE NO WATER CONDITIONER, AS ALL THE LFS ARE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO!!! THE FISH SEEM FINE, BUT ALL THE CORALS ARE TINTED BLUE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

IT'S AMERICOLOR FOOD COLORING, PLEASE HELP!!!!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C.I._Reefer

lol thats kinda funny, but i would be pissed, just do a near 100% wc tomorrow and run carbon. i think most everything will be fine

IT'S NOT FUNNY! OMG!

I have no water, all of the corals are closed up, but the fish look okay. I don't have carbon on me and the LFS won't be open until tomorrow. :angry:

i don't have much experience with this, but its common and i've heard about it before.

food coloring is vegetable based. many people put it in their tanks. your filter should clear it out in a while and corals should be ok and will wash off. don't panic, wait till the morning. and do large water changes.

I woulda used a different color, personally...

Okay but what can I do? My fish are all lying on the bottom now except the picasso. It's been an hour since the crap was added.

I have nothing to put the fish in. :(

If this is true and not an April Fool's day joke by Euphylia, It is not funny at all. Like everyone else said, all you can do is a water change when you can get water. Good luck.

devilsadvocate

break into your lfs. put corals in there.

im sure youll get an article on some reef site for it. :D

I'll try CVS, but I don't think they'll have like 50 gallons needed. I have salt though.

If you have salt, just use tap water. You might get algae from phosphates, but it's better than losing everything right? Besides, you can just run GFO and do water changes when the LFS opens for the next few days.

If you have salt, just use tap water. You might get algae from phosphates, but it's better than losing everything right? Besides, you can just run GFO and do water changes when the LFS opens for the next few days.

I don't have water conditioner though. :(

Of course it's an April Fools joke. Once no one panicked back and he did not get the rise he wanted, he switched to saying the fish are laying on the bottom.

Seems like a joke anyway, this cat likes to messaroun.

bhskicker18

Wal-Mart will have water and conditioner. At this point it doesnt have to be distilled. Id rather fight algae in my tank for months then loose my stock. Good luck!

put everything in a couple 5 gallon buckets.

I'll run to CVS and get some water, mix it and throw the corals and fish in buckets. Thanks.

Of course it's an April Fools joke. Once no one panicked back and he did not get the rise he wanted, he switched to saying the fish are laying on the bottom.

Seems like a joke anyway, this cat likes to messaroun.

I would supply you with pictures, kind sir, but the lights went off on the tanks and you can't see the blue. It's dissipating a bit. It's actually turning the top layer of the sand blue, really weird. Maybe if the sand is still blue in the morning I can show you.

Seriously if this is true, I want to see the snuff pics of your dead sister. I'd do it for you...

She's 8, she didn't know any better. <_<

Gonna dump a 5g bucket of water on her bed tonight while she's in it!

Archived