Cultivated Reef

April 2012 Reef Profile - Marc3Lo19

Christopher Marks

thanks everybody!

I find bare bottom more practical - its so easy to clean out detritus and I think it looks more 'modern'

What type of zoa is that in the far right picture under the "coral" section of the tank profile? I received one as a hitchhiker and it has slowly grown to a pretty cool colony

Love your tank, the bare bottom look is awesome.

Didn't see any sign of your filter, do you have glass pipes for it or do you have some other method to hide it?

sweet tank man... really liking what you did I really like the simplicity, i have a couple of questions just because I really like your setup and would like to do something similar.

Where did you find that type of length for the tank? I tried looking online but didn't find anything, I would definitely appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

On your lights I checked out the bulbs here: http://www.rapidled.com/7-led-par38-bulb/

Did you also purchase the lamp clamp from them or was this something you found somewhere else?

I currently have 24gallon aquapod, what do you think of putting 3 of these bulbs on top? it should be enough right?

Do you have any heat problems? I didn't read that you ran a chiller, or is it because you are running LEDs that produce almost no heat make your lamp heat problems go away.

Thanks for the help. Just started out about a year ago and I'm finding myself wantin to change my setup just from looking at your awesome tank.

What a great, clean design. I saw in your profile you are using a canister filter. Where is the overflow and return for it? hidden behind the main rock?

jedimasterben
What a great, clean design. I saw in your profile you are using a canister filter. Where is the overflow and return for it? hidden behind the main rock?

I think he said it was removed for the picture.

• 2 weeks later...
I think he said it was removed for the picture.

I was just looking at the main tank pic searching for the intake and return (which I guess were removed for the pic), and also realized that it looks like the 3 metal pipes that hold the lights were photoshopped out of the pic (obviously PS'd because the tank is still illuminated and you can see the artifacts from the photoshopping on the rim of the glass).

I think the tank is beautiful regardless, but in my opinion a huge part of the challenge in creating a beautiful tank is not only the livestock/corals and aquascape, but also the solutions reefers must come up with to hiding the hardware, not just simply photoshopping it out.

jedimasterben
I was just looking at the main tank pic searching for the intake and return (which I guess were removed for the pic), and also realized that it looks like the 3 metal pipes that hold the lights were photoshopped out of the pic (obviously PS'd because the tank is still illuminated and you can see the artifacts from the photoshopping on the rim of the glass).

I think the tank is beautiful regardless, but in my opinion a huge part of the challenge in creating a beautiful tank is not only the livestock/corals and aquascape, but also the solutions reefers must come up with to hiding the hardware, not just simply photoshopping it out.

Now that you mention it, I see that too. I agree with you.

• 2 months later...
nanolutionary

Hey Chris,

I'm wondering about your 15 gallon nano reef, in the photos I can't see where the overflow is to your Fluval filter or any return pipes?

I'm gathering the VorTech MP10 is some kind of water movement device right?

Archived