Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What is this?

Eugene123

I love finding new creatures when you start into your new tank. At first your like OMG some new creature have appeared!! Is this bad!!!

In this case I agree with the others. Seems like a friendly stomatella snail. I had 3 of them in my tank at once and then one day they all disappeared. Even though your system is a closed system nature still take a hold of it and it takes care of itself.

Lol there is a new what is this post for stomatella twice a week on this forum

Yeah, They seem to pop up a lot. I wish mine would have lived. I enjoyed them better than the normal shelled snails.All in a days work to help someone new. I think I asked this same question at some point.

I have soooooooo many baby snails in my tank right now and wish I can watch just one grow up. Had one get its shell up to about 1/4" and had beautiful striping. I seen the shell show up in the sand 2 weeks ago without moving. Dint make it. Was very disappointing.

acropora1981
Yeah, They seem to pop up a lot. I wish mine would have lived. I enjoyed them better than the normal shelled snails.All in a days work to help someone new. I think I asked this same question at some point.

I have soooooooo many baby snails in my tank right now and wish I can watch just one grow up. Had one get its shell up to about 1/4" and had beautiful striping. I seen the shell show up in the sand 2 weeks ago without moving. Dint make it. Was very disappointing.

I got to look at stomatella live under a scope once...really neat at 50x

Archived