ReefCleaners.org

.9G Softy cube!

Justind823

Eh. Why not. A simple softy cube for the computer desk couldn't hurt.

My plan is to have just some xenia and maybe blue cloves with a maxi mini and perhaps a few mushrooms. That's it! I've already got a reef pico going...

• Tank: Marina Cubus betta kit
  • Heater: Aqueon 10w Mini
  • Light: 5W RGB LED bulb w/ Boost LED clamp lamp
  • Filtration: TOM Aquarium Mini Internal Filter 45gph

CURRENT FTS:

2012-04-03_16-43-38_858.jpg

Haha getting there. You'll be dissapointed I promise. It'll get better in a week or so.

Edit:

So the FTS is up...haha

I'm basically just throwing this together at the last minute to get involved in the contest.

dallasprstn
CURRENT FTS:

2012-03-30_20-36-08_130.jpg

you know the rules....no livestock until the first. and what really ticks me off is that you didn't even cycle the tank before adding it. you are one sick person..

you know the rules....no livestock until the first. and what really ticks me off is that you didn't even cycle the tank before adding it. you are one sick person..

Damn...you're right. It looks so happy in there though! You can't make me take it out now that the fish is all settled...

dallasprstn
Damn...you're right. It looks so happy in there though! You can't make me take it out now that the fish is all settled...

i bet you did't even acclimate him..no wonder he looks stressed.

Welcome to the contest! Just in the nick of time too...Plenty of time left now that you've entered though...BTW, cute fish...Technically it's OUTSIDE of you tank, correct? Then I'll overlook the breach of rules...this time :lol:

Good luck!!

contest judge

Meta

Red Sea Deco Art Nano Filter

I actually ended up going with a small Tom's Mini Internal Filter. With the xenia in there, I figure thats all the filtration I'm going to need.

i bet you did't even acclimate him..no wonder he looks stressed.

I just put him straight in there. Post-it fish are the hardiest fish around.

hahaha awesome to see you got it too. :D

Haha I couldnt help myself.

Welcome to the contest! Just in the nick of time too...Plenty of time left now that you've entered though...BTW, cute fish...Technically it's OUTSIDE of you tank, correct? Then I'll overlook the breach of rules...this time :lol:

Good luck!!

contest judge

Meta

Happy to be apart of it! I appreciate your understanding in the fish matter...

Cool welcome. Your fish looks great in there lol

Hah thanks man

I LOVE small cubes!!! This is going to be awesome :)

I know right?! It should be a fun challenge.

I added some LR today and I think I've got a scape I'm happy with. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of it. I shouldnt have much of a cycle if any since I kept the LR in water the whole time. I also picked up a small frag of xenia which is standing by in my Mini S atm. I'll make sure the params are good over the next few days and then hopefully I can start adding de coralz!

If this tank turns out like your ada mini s then you got a big chance of winning!

I'm following for sure and even considering to change my build....

Jb

If this tank turns out like your ada mini s then you got a big chance of winning!

I'm following for sure and even considering to change my build....

Jb

Thanks!

So here's the current scape with all the equipment. The bulb I ordered came faulty so they are shipping me another one. Hopefully it gets here by the end of the week.

Lmk what you think!

2012-04-03_16-43-38_858.jpg

Atm all I have is my camera phone. Once I start adding coral I'll take some pictures with the DSLR.

Looks really nice man!

I gotta admit I ordered some acrylic for a 6" cube :)

I also got a pretty nice piece of rock, just not 100% sure it is safe in a reef though...

Jb

• 1 year later...

So it's over a year old but what the hell.. You still have this thing? lol

Ha I still have the tank itself but there's nothing in it. One day I might get it going again with the same concept but not for awhile.

I honestly forgot I made a thread for it. I think a month after setting it up I moved and took it down.

Archived