Pod Your Reef

Hi fine red banded goby with pistol shrimp

gobyguy1

Nice photo! I have the same pair and I love them.

Thanks, I'm not the greatest at photography, so it's great to get some feedback. I also love this pair. My cleaner shrimp always tries to jump on the goby, but he always manages to slip away.

:D

I have the same pair...and the Goby FINALLY found the shrimp's burrow and paired up last Saturday. I have my macro lens ready and will take some shots to share tommorrow. Since the pairing the Goby has odd red lines under his eyes.

Does your shrimp just pick up one piece of substrate at a time? It's so funny to watch.

I have the same pair...and the Goby FINALLY found the shrimp's burrow and paired up last Saturday. I have my macro lens ready and will take some shots to share tommorrow. Since the pairing the Goby has odd red lines under his eyes.

Does your shrimp just pick up one piece of substrate at a time? It's so funny to watch.

This is a rare shot, I almost never see the two of them together. When I first got them, I didn't see the shrimp or goby for a month, then they just popped up one day!

My shrimp usually brings out HUGE portions of sand at a time. It is very funny to watch!

I wonder if there's some violence involved in the pairings. When I got mine, he found the shrimp immediately and disappeared for a week. When he reappeared, he had red marks that looked like scratches on the first black stripe.

PB172789.jpg

They did heal up after a month or so, and he hasn't been injured since. All I can think of is the shrimp did something or it got scratched on the rocks somehow. Hopefully yours will heal up quickly without a problem too.

Whenever my pistol shrimp fires off, my wife says "the goby got pimp slapped again". lol, I think they might take a few hits in the pitch black cave.

Archived