Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Santa Cruz, CA

illdoya

Hey everyone! I'm in Santa Cruz, CA and am curious if anyone is semi-local (between Monterey and San Fransisco) with hardware, then eventually coral frags for sale. Setting up a new 10g nano and need a few things. Live rock/sand/water are also needed.

anyone on the central coast?

I'm in SC and I have extra stuff. What do you need? How old is your tank? I have some frags and I know the people at both our LFS (eco, and trop) , so I can give you a heads up on that if you want.

Hey guys! Glad to see some local yokels :)

Dweezy - thanks!!! I have checked into the online retailers ive seen here but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Monger - I will def check Neptune's!!

SC - that's super awesome - much appreciated. I have the finnex 4g and I just cleaned out one of our 10g's to start a nano-project with my girlfriend. I think first new investment in it will be light fixture and new filter. Possibly frag/live rock for finnex in a couple weeks for sure!

Gonna be a slower project this time, learning from my mistakes with the 4g :)

Hey guys. I just found a great shop near where I work in SF if you're ever in the area.its called aquatic central on ocean street. Their website does not do the shop justice. I haven't been into too many lfs', but these guys were helpful and not pushy and had nice frags displayed. Believe me I felt like a kid in a candy store... lol.

buddythelion
Hey guys. I just found a great shop near where I work in SF if you're ever in the area.its called aquatic central on ocean street. Their website does not do the shop justice. I haven't been into too many lfs', but these guys were helpful and not pushy and had nice frags displayed. Believe me I felt like a kid in a candy store... lol.

The frags there are awesome, but a tad bit pricey when it comes to the high end zoas. My #1 store is still Neptunes.

Diablo corals in Concord is a small shop, but lots of goodies. So so priced.

Have yet to go to aquatic collection in hayward, but their pics on their blog make it so tempting:

http://www.aquaticcollection.com/blog/

Thanks for posting all these places guys! We go to SF about once a month so ill def check aquatic central! Neptune's is on the list and something in Hayward we might be able to make convenient :)

Its nice to get the scoop some of these places are a far drive!

thanks again for the heads up here man. looks like neptunes is where ill start. Fluid sounds awesome too. ill check the site i hope they advertise when the open houses are.

The one LFS I suggest you don't visit is aquatic central...

When I was starting out a while ago and knew nothing,I really liked the tomatoe

Clowns and the guy told me a occelaris and tomatoe will pair up...

From personal experience,things might have changed there now but i haven't visit them ever again after that experience.

When I'm in the bag area Neptune is where I go,amazing prices and good quality.was at diablo corals swap and their staff seemed cool and friendly also.

Neptune aquatics is the best shop I've ever been to. The people are SO helpful. Robert gets amazing stock in every week that he hand picks in LA. I'll be there later today lol. I'm pretty new and have learned so much from the staff there.

Welcome

I brought some frags to Joe at Brown's Eco Aquarium in Capitola. He was very generous with the agreement we made (50% of value in store credit) at first, but he changed his mind about our agreement when I showed up to collect my credit. He lost 1 out of my 3 frags and then yelled at me when I told him this was not cool. He threatened to "kick my ass" if he ever saw me again and has not replaced or given me credit for the frag he lost. I'm bummed on this because I was really hoping we would have more of a real LFS here in SC and not have to go over the hill.

I also like aquatic central. They get a lot of cool corals in and their prices are reasonable most of the time. Neptunes is def. my favorite!!! You have to go right when they get their new shipments in or you'll totally miss out. Do you guys remember ocean treasures in SF??? I wish they never closed down!! that was THE best LFS.

• 2 months later...

Found a new LFS. Its Aqua Exotic in Belmont. aquaexotic.com. I got my Sexy Shrimp and Clowns from them. They keep a clean shop and are very helpful. (i dont work for them!!!)

I also found Aquatic Collection in Hayward. I like their frag tank set-up and they had good prices.

Hope this helps :D

Archived