Innovative Marine Aquariums

LHernandez86's ADA 60-F

lhernandez86

lhernandez86

So long story short I've been out of the hobby for almost 2 years and I am currently waiting to setup a large tank (90 Gallon Rimless Shallow) until I move into a house next year. Previous tank I had was a 34 Gallon Redsea Max and some others before that. I've always loved the clean and sleek look of everyones ADA 60 F tanks so decided to join the club.

Tank Specs

Equipment:

Tank - ADA 60-F w/Overflow & Return

Light Fixture - AI SOL Blue w/Controller

Return - Eheim 1046

Sump - Eshopps RS-75 w/Refuge

Refuge Light - JBJ LED Nano Glo

Skimmer - Tunze 9002

Flow - Vortech MP10

Livestock:

Black and White Tahiti Maxima Clam

Australian Green Crown Leather

Japanese Insane Green Neon Leather (Frag)

Rhizo

Purple Rain Bubble Tip Anemone

Sunny D's (Frag)

Phonape Birds Nest (Frag

I bought this tank from a NanoReefer and this is what UPS did to the tank.... -_-

IMG00341.jpg

I was just gonna toss it in the trash but figured I'd give fixing it a shot. I have a friend that makes those cool Glass vases, he bonded the cracks back together for me. (Far from fixing it) Next I used black sealant over the cracks and had to put the top (V Shape) back together. After 1 million leak tests I painted the back of the glass with Krylon Glossy Black paint so it wasnt a eye sore.

The finished product below... :)

ADA60F.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

FTS 4-2-2012

FTS3.jpg

lhernandez86
<_<

lol sorry in the process of uploading pics...will update with Livestock list and overall progress in the a.m.

Sorry to see the drilling not go so well. Do you think you were drilling too fast, not enough water, not square to the surface??

Are you going to get another tank or try a different brand?

lhernandez86
Sorry to see the drilling not go so well. Do you think you were drilling too fast, not enough water, not square to the surface??

Are you going to get another tank or try a different brand?

Hey actually this wasnt caused by me, it was UPS who did this... -_-

lhernandez86
Nice tank! Too bad it was damaged. Makes me nervous just looking at it. Overall, clean setup you have.

Yea I was too when I finished all of the work fixing it up. After several leak test and letting it run with fresh water for a week with no leaks or issues I wasnt worried anymore...

nice clam,beauty:D

Thanks! This clam actually arrived with the bag only half full of water due to a bag leak in shipping ...but he's doing really good.

Wait , how did your friend fix a piece of glass that was cracked so badly ?

To be honest im not sure...when i got the tank back from him the glass on the back of the tank had some weird texture to it....almost as if he melted it to bond the glass together....It worked but I put sealant over the inside of the tank to be EXTRA sure...lol

MasterMind9

I never see clam this color before. Is it rare?How much is it? Maybe I'll try to find one like this if the price not too high.

lhernandez86
wow, i dont think i could sleep at night knowing it was damaged and repaired.....lol

lol its all good fingerscrossed

I never see clam this color before. Is it rare?How much is it? Maybe I'll try to find one like this if the price not too high.

Umm...Rare yes and no I've seen plenty of people with them. This color doesnt normally get imported so I guess that would make it why they are priced so high. There is one currently on Liveaquaria for 700$ and only a insane person would pay that much. Got mine from Pacific East Aquaculture....

However I've only seen a limited few of the Tahiti kind in this color....

MasterMind9

Should called ultra rare with that 700 price!!! If it ship to my country probably around 1000 for sure, no chance to have it. Lucky you!!! By the way, Really nice set up and truely stunning livestock. Keep up the good work.

lhernandez86

Holy crap! just realized your from Thailand....well I'm sure there is other stuff we cant get here that is easy for you to get cheap...Rhizo's?

MasterMind9

Most of the coral here at my country doesn't quite beautiful so we have to fine all coral outside our country but in Thailand corals are illegal to possess and trade,all coral have to import so even coral in asian zone the price is quite high due to complicate process to import. Australian coral are the top target here also highest price compare to other location.

lhernandez86
Most of the coral here at my country doesn't quite beautiful so we have to fine all coral outside our country but in Thailand corals are illegal to possess and trade,all coral have to import so even coral in asian zone the price is quite high due to complicate process to import. Australian coral are the top target here also highest price compare to other location.

Ouch I hear ya.... where do you get most of your coral from? Which online vendor?

MasterMind9
Ouch I hear ya.... where do you get most of your coral from? Which online vendor?

I have a couple of my close shop here,they have to deal or order coral from the source or coral farm. Then coral farm ship corals that already order to Hongkong or Singapore,they take a flight to Hongkong or Singapore and take them back to Thailand. See the picture? that way coral so expesive here. One stop shipping is way too expensive so the only way is doing like this to obtain the lowest price that customer can afford.

lhernandez86

Yea that makes sense to me... I prefer to order online versus lfs, or will deal with some local reefers from time to time.

lhernandez86
Gorgeous new clam, I was eye balling the one on LA, I too saw this one on dr Macs site. Nice buy.

Thanks Metrokat!

Archived