inTank Media Baskets

GARF.org A++ will definitely order again!

FireCorals

I ordered a Garf.org Diversity Package last Friday.

I received everything today and it looks great! It was well packaged and FILLED with life and coralline!

I will definitely be ordering again for my next tanks, without a doubt! Leroy called to follow up and give me some suggestions, very friendly and informative guy! Awesome to deal with!

Here are some pictures:

Package

IMG_1331.JPG

Cooler lining

IMG_1332.JPG

Inside cooler lining with heat pack (cold in Idaho)

IMG_1333.JPG

Live Rock, Garf Grunge, Garf Grunge Plus, Macro Algae, Bag-o-bugs

IMG_1334.JPG

Garf Grunge

IMG_1335.JPG

Garf Grunge Plus

IMG_1336.JPG

Macro Algae + Bag-o-bugs

IMG_1337.JPG

Live Rock - so much life

IMG_1338.JPG

All in the tank!

IMG_1339.JPG

Poor little bugger!

IMG_1340.JPG

Tank is starting to clear up, coralline everywhere, so much life and I love the look!

IMG_1341.JPG

I hope they aren't, they are an awesome resource and their products were always amazing.

I ordered a Garf Diversity Nano package for my 12" cube to introduce more life and the grunge would be great to cover my sand so I can run an MP10 without a sandstorm. I was hoping to have received it by now :(

Hey... I'm on my phone so i can't link my review... but just search the product review section for my comments on them.

The short version- horrible experience, from start to finish. You'll be less happy with them than you were with Mr Coral.

Hey... I'm on my phone so i can't link my review... but just search the product review section for my comments on them.

The short version- horrible experience, from start to finish. You'll be less happy with them than you were with Mr Coral.

Impossible.

Lol dog hair, a ziptie, a marble, and a crayon.

I thought we all liked freebies!?!?

What is garf?

garf.org - one of the oldest resources online for reef aquariums. They are known for coral propagation mainly and the "Garf Bonsai" Acropora.

I thought we all liked freebies!?!?

The strange thing is nobody seems to be looking for that dog or that kid. Instead of filling dispute he should have filed a missing persons.

The strange thing is nobody seems to be looking for that dog or that kid. Instead of filling dispute he should have filed a missing persons.

:lol::lol::lol:

Isn't it what you expect from buying "grunge", don't think that's misleading. :P

Lol

I did try IPSF... And was very happy with them. I need to update that thread to reflect that... I know I took pics to make the same kind of thorough review- MetroKat was over when I got the shipment, so she can vouch for the products.

IPSF is sometimes terrible with communication, sometimes awesome. Once you actually create an order, they seem to be a lot quicker to respond to questions. Being the opposite of your Mr Coral experience, once they already have your money, they bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied with the sale. I'm planning on buying from them again this spring/summer.

I was especially happy with their livemud and livesand packages. Small quantities, but tons of life. If you order the pick 9 for $99 shipped deal, these are some of the best options to include.

Their spaghetti worms are gorgeous... I'm the type who appreciates the little critters. The bodies of their "mama-mia" (they say they don't like spelling spaghetti) worms are blood red, and really add a lot of contrast to a white sandbed.

Sandbed clams are neat... for about 12 seconds. Once they burrow, they're gone, and you will probably never see them again. Without dredging up my sandbed, I may never know if they're alive or not. I don't regret buying them- just because I like the oddball stuff.

Their Yellow Gracillaria turned into a rusty red color in both my tank and MetroKats... They grow it outdoors under the sun in Hawaii, and we both have it under LEDs- so that's probably why.

Oh, and their dried Ulva smells really good... Metro was trying to convince me to make tea with it.

So that's the condensed review... You can probably find the pics and a more thorough explanation of everything somewhere in my 90 gal thread.

I just received an email and a call from Leroy that my order was shipped yesterday and I should be receiving it Friday (tomorrow). Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! Considering my previous experiences, I am expecting quality, but after Your posts kgoldy, I have to admit you to me a little paranoid.

I just hope the dog hair, zip ties and marbles are excluded from my order. Lol.

I will update this when I receive everything.

Mike C.

I had a horrible experience with Garf about....6-9 months ago...maybe a year.....

I ordered a 50 gallon CUC which was supposed to be 82 snails and HC for 1$ each.....well after no communication I received the box unexpectedly and there was tons of other things in there that i didn't order. Long story short, I was sent someone elses CUC, and charged an extra... $100 when I called the guy up at Garf he said he'd look into it, but never did refund my money. He seemed incredibly disorganized, like he didn't really have any filing system or invoice system...seemed to me like you call him up and he jots down your order on the sheet of paper. I know i should have tried harder, but sometimes you just don't have time to deal with this crap when you're working long days.....

I did order from them previously 3+ years ago and it was an excellent experience.

never again.

I just got my CUC from Reefcleaners! Huge fan. I ordered a 5.5 nano quick crew...i think it was supposed to have around 10 snails of diff types...I got around 60+. Granted lots are tiny ceriths (counted 40), but still. Very pleased. I also got 3 tiny HC hitch hikers in little cerith shells. A couple might have been dead...but there are more then enough extras!. It was packed extremely well and arrived from Florida to VA in 2 days using USPS. I also got 3 types of macros...all for $20. One happy camper. I highly recommend.

I have used reefcleaners and they are awesome. I was purchasing a diversity package from Garf containing live rock, sand and "grunge" which is supposed to provide very beneficial bacterias and life,which I have ordered before and was very happy, just hoping for the same service I received before.

If reefcleaners offered this, I would go with them as I have been very happy with their service and considering they are in Florida and ship fast, I receive it the next day.

I spoke with Leroy at Garf for a while over the phone, he is a really nice guy, but from what he was telling me, he suffered a stroke almost two years ago and doesn't have the best mobility or memory like he use to. Not to mention the fact that he is 62 years old and is currently enrolled back at college in Boise state.

While I agree he definitely doesn't seem to be very organized, I think it comes down more to his health than anything else. I honestly think he should have someone else handling orders and customer service while he just over looks the process as he is a very informative individual.

We will see how this all turns out, I should receive the package tomorrow around noon, so I will update as soon as I do.

Thanks,

Mike C.

Lol i had heard about johns inability to count so i figured i was gonna outsmart him. I ordered a ten gallon quick crew for a 55 gallon tank. The guy must have known what i was up to because i still got twice as much as a needed. Somehow 18 dwarf ceriths turned into about 250-300. You cant see my sandbed anymore. Its hidden under my snail bed.

Lol i had heard about johns inability to count so i figured i was gonna outsmart him. I ordered a ten gallon quick crew for a 55 gallon tank. The guy must have known what i was up to because i still got twice as much as a needed. Somehow 18 dwarf ceriths turned into about 250-300. You cant see my sandbed anymore. Its hidden under my snail bed.

Lol, that's a good thing!

If john sold grunge it would arrive in five gallon buckets. And instead of hair there would be a whole dog in it.

I literally lol'd

Too good.

jedimasterben
If john sold grunge it would arrive in five gallon buckets. And instead of hair there would be a whole dog in it.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Archived