inTank Media Baskets

Moulting Blueleg!

Saltyduck

My blue legs haven't been moving much lately and I saw the one that was in the largest shell has not been moving. I came home and saw a body on a rock and a shell close by it. Great. I picked up the body, gave it a sniff...didn't smell but hey, maybe it was fresh. I picked up the shell - looked empty. I kept it in there in case anyone else wanted to move in. I peeked in there a little while later and saw it crawling out. I didn't know these guys moult too!

C.I._Reefer
My blue legs haven't been moving much lately and I saw the one that was in the largest shell has not been moving. I came home and saw a body on a rock and a shell close by it. Great. I picked up the body, gave it a sniff...didn't smell but hey, maybe it was fresh. I picked up the shell - looked empty. I kept it in there in case anyone else wanted to move in. I peeked in there a little while later and saw it crawling out. I didn't know these guys moult too!

Yep, and the moults look convincingly like a whole dead hermit, unlike shrimp moults

Yep, and the moults look convincingly like a whole dead hermit, unlike shrimp moults

Yeah I've had my shrimps moult before and I could definitely tell it was a moult...but this - wow, it sure had me fooled.

Archived