Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What the hell?!

Vortex

So i've been having some issues with some mushrooms and in doing some research im thinking maybe there is some chemical warfare goin on. I'm thinking its some sort of way for this thing to mate or lay eggs etc (it is spring afterall). Anyway, what is this and is this an issue? (possibly contributing to the mushroooms not expanding?)

Sorry for the phone video but had to get it on record before it stopped.

th_VIDEO0003.jpg

IMO some kind of shrimp hidding is spreading babys/eggs. or thats coral sperm. A natural way for corals to spread. I could be wrong however.

yeah I know its a bit hard to see but its not a snail its a tube worm like thing, its just stationary on the rock.

lol @ pwnme..you should be ashamed of yourself for watching the whole thing! lol

yeah I know its a bit hard to see but its not a snail its a tube worm like thing, its just stationary on the rock.

lol @ pwnme..you should be ashamed of yourself for watching the whole thing! lol

I thought I'd be able to give you an answer... but then I was just creeped out and couldn't stop watching. Luckily I'm 22... if I were younger I'd be much more confused.

A Vermetid snail is a snail that is stationary, its forsaken its mobility to build a tube like shell to live in.

AWESOME!! didnt know that very cool yeah ive seen like 4-5 of these things doing that and when they all get in on it its almost like a war zone lol... bombs going off all over the place.

those tentacles were way too long and the worm looked too big to be a vermetid.

omgomgomg metrokat posted in my thread?!??! lol.. yeah thats what I thought too but eh I am the one asking what it is so what do I know

As for the stomatella..I didnt see any in the area there but ill check again and see if I can get a better picture/video.

It kind of looked like a stomatella to me.

But, size doesn't eliminate it from being a vermetid snail. The most common vermetid snails have a tube that's about a millimeter in diameter, but there's another species that hitchhikes in sometimes that's considerably larger.

WTH!!!! I though this was a family friendly site.....my virgin eyes are now corrupted.

We need something to entertain us. Pictures of clams and the amount of semen in our tanks makes us get dirty thoughts. That's why I do frequent water changes. To get my mind off things.

:huh:

I felt the same way the first time she posted in my thread.

I agree with the stomatella. The same thing happened in my tank a few weeks ago, except I had the decency not to put it on the internet.

Seriously, I never even heard of a stomatella let alone what one looked like. Two months ago at night the lights were still on and this thing come racing out of the rocks and WTF???? I didn't have a clue. I thought I had some radio active mutant thing in there. Did some research and found out what they were. Now I'm glad to them.

Looks like a stomatella to me. Congrats, you now have a video of a snail jerking off.
e

Hahaha! Thats the hardest iv laughed all week! Thanks man I needed that.

3 posts by Metrokat and counting!!! omgomgomg lol.. Metrokat dont you know you're a nano reef superstar!!! ;)

Spiro I think you wanted to record it and post it but were too captivated by the action to take the video! :lol: lucky for me i'm from L.A and we are not scared to post this kinda thing..then again this isnt FB to be posting stuff like that ..so sorry, im ashamed of myself for violating that snail's (or whatever the hell it is) privacy.

I must say that since there quite a few in strategic places, it reminds me of a war zone bombs going off all over the place..

Archived