Top Shelf Aquatics

Aiptasia?

semper_edem

semper_edem
Yep

I have one peppermint shrimp for five days now and this pest is still here. Is it a hit or a miss. Should I get another one? My tank is 10 gallon.

altolamprologus
I have one peppermint shrimp for five days now and this pest is still here. Is it a hit or a miss. Should I get another one? My tank is 10 gallon.

Just nuke it with boiling water or aiptasia x

Dendro Dude

If the shrimp attacks it will send out spores and make more .do yourself a favor pull that rock out & take 1 of those little blow torch style pipe lighters to it !

coachfraley

Does it retreat into a hole if you touch it? I have had success using superglue to seal small ones into holes. They dont make it out! :D

semper_edem
Does it retreat into a hole if you touch it? I have had success using superglue to seal small ones into holes. They dont make it out! :D

I never tried touching it but I've seen it retreating to its hole. I haven't seen it for couple days. Maybe the shrimp ate it. Can it grow on the sand or only on rocks?

coachfraley
I never tried touching it but I've seen it retreating to its hole. I haven't seen it for couple days. Maybe the shrimp ate it. Can it grow on the sand or only on rocks?

I haven't had to deal with it that much, but from what I have heard, it will grow on just about anything (glass, equipment, etc.)

Captain Hook

+1 burn it with a lighter. Ive tried boiling water and lemon juice and sometimes it still comes back, but with fire...hahahaha well nothing survives fire my friend.....trust me

Archived