ReefCleaners.org

Changing water in a pico

banshee

I'm completely unopposed to using any means to reduce water changes and still get same life span, the safe method of aggressive water changes sure is wasteful

Being that I started with a 14G and then started up a 3G I believed there was no escaping the frequent water changes. Are there other things I can do (aside from not over-feeding, etc) that will lessen the need? It would be nice to have the option to skip a WC if needed.

Good phosphate and nitrate binding media + dosing for micronutrients maybe, technically that's why we do all the changes, but finding that mechanical balance is really tough in a pico hence the water changes

I think in the very least fabricating a nice skimmer would help for what you want

gimptastic matt
Good phosphate and nitrate binding media + dosing for micronutrients maybe, technically that's why we do all the changes, but finding that mechanical balance is really tough in a pico hence the water changes

I think in the very least fabricating a nice skimmer would help for what you want

from what ive read is that a small enough skimmer to fit a pico is almost useless

hence with all popualrity of pico tanks there isnt much around on the market

then again they could be wrong?

i feel that by me doing a 250ml water change twice a day and virtually no feeding also with phosphate sponges and chaeto my 2 gallon pico will last indefinatly well hopefully

Archived