Coral Vue Hydros

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool tank. I don't post here very often anymore, but I have an SPS 40g with a very similarly styled aquascape. My tank has been set up for almost a year and a half, maybe I'll post some recent pics sometime soon. I've got some big changes coming with my tank, maybe that will motivate me, lol.

Very cool tank. I don't post here very often anymore, but I have an SPS 40g with a very similarly styled aquascape. My tank has been set up for almost a year and a half, maybe I'll post some recent pics sometime soon. I've got some big changes coming with my tank, maybe that will motivate me, lol.

I would love to check out your tank. Please post away for i am also looking for new ideas!

Thanks you, i couldn't believe it also! It was fun and crazy at the same time. :P

nice. i get updates on Facebook from a couple sites and saw the contest. that was my first post on that site.

I saw in another post that you live in Altamonte Springs. I used to live there too but recently moved not too far away to Longwood :) I love Coral Reef Aquariums. The owners are very helpful, knowledgeable and kind :)

WWC is obviously out of this world amazing!!

Nice to see someone that lives so close:) I am setting up a 29 gallon that is currently cycling.

Very nice looking scape and setup. As others have said, you can barely tell there is water in there.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Thank you for the nice comment. I promise there is water in it. i will try my very best to update the progress. thanks for following!
Demanding an update with pictures.
Yes sir!

This tank really is not like any other!!!
haha, thanks!

Very clean dude! Any updates? Love that scape!

May I ask what are those switches in your stand? The red ones? Are they power strips?

These?

The switches you see in the stand are "American Dj Pc-100A Rack Mount Power Switcher" i got them for a good deal on amazon more info i use them to control each separate cord that runs on the system. It is very handy when comes to maintenance and water change or what ever you would like to use it for.

^^

DJ Power Supply/ power strip

Yes

Beautiful!! I love what you've done with the available space in the 40B!

This is going to be sick when it grows out.

thanks for leaving a nice comments, i hope i don't run into any serious problems but trying to get it grow out too.

WoW! what a nice scape! nice to still have you around :) Orlando is the funnest place to live and there is always something to do...when you get a chance if you haven't already, go and visit WWC (world wide corals) there are some seriously nice corals in that place...and the display tank is amazing :)
Thanks, nice to have you around too! One of the few old cool people on the site! haha. So true about staying in orlando fl. i loving it so far. I went to WWC and yes my jaw just drop.
Well thought out, surely to be successful. :D
i try to plan it out well from my 5 years of experiment in reef keeping tanks. This one i just went with a twist. Hopefully it will grow out success.

^ QT tank on a roll out shelf... Awesome! Tank looks great!
Actually it is a Frag tank or LPS tank. yes it does roll out for easy maintenance and water change. i try to keep it simple by just using a AC30 with carbon in the bag.
Whoa, nice hospital tank. And good job on the roll out hospital tank. I used to have a roll out fuge. Till an unfortunate tank move broke it. Yours is nice enough to be a frag tank.
Yes, i have redone it for a frag tank and a time out place for fish. haha

good job on the paint job for the tank, it doesn't even look like the breeders from petco now ahaha :D

nice frreakin scape too

Thank you, i try to match it up along with the condo place i am staying. Just like it simple!

Very handy QT, what nm/K emitters did you use for your LED build? I like the overall colour.
i use 6 x RB Cree and 1 x W Cree that i had laying around from my pico tank last year. i just turn it at 70% because i wanted to try out the 20k look because i would like to try out a LPS tank such as Acans, Zoas, and Palyps.
Love the QT tank. That lighting is very neat.
Thanks
Amazing job I love everything about the build. Also great placement on the QT tank LOL that thing is tiny!!!
Yes, but this is the first time i ever try something different then just the normal tank.

Nice QT tank. I would remove the sand though.
Thanks, i left it for a Frag tank or LPS tank and planning to get a small pistol shrimp and a goby. :)

love that rock scape.

i see your perfectly capable of DIYing your own LED light. dont need me to help :P

i always looking for ideas and yes i do need help.

killer tank!
thanks

Wow that's a lot of frags. Where did u get them? I don't recognize the frag plugs or the way the bags were tied. Lol
i got it from Mr. Corals, 18 frags but one died oh well. worth a tried to see progress.

Could you expand more about the overflow you created from PVC?

Pictures are good, but diameter and key elements.

Do you have a vacuum break, etc .

We'd ALL appreciate what you can share!

BigRagu2

just follow this and you should get a good idea DIY MAME-style PVC overflow
Nice coral placement! Looks awesome!
Thank you my friend!
SCAPE is KILLER!!!

Do I see blue chromis and clowns? B)

Yes, but they have been relocated to the frag tank for safety issue. :P

Tank is looking really great!
Thanks, so is yours!
Wow, very nice tank! I was going to do a build thread of my tank but yours puts mine to shame haha!
You should not be shame but post your build thread so that you can get comments, advice, and sharing.

nice. i get updates on Facebook from a couple sites and saw the contest. that was my first post on that site.
:lol:

sir, your tank is correct
So are you!

I saw in another post that you live in Altamonte Springs. I used to live there too but recently moved not too far away to Longwood :) I love Coral Reef Aquariums. The owners are very helpful, knowledgeable and kind :)

WWC is obviously out of this world amazing!!

Nice to see someone that lives so close:) I am setting up a 29 gallon that is currently cycling.

Yes, i just moved from Mississippi to Altamonte Springs and so far i love the weather and the big city. SO much to do. so far i been to Coral Reef Aquariums and WWC, i don't know much around yet but like some more suggestion on certain LFS.

You should post up your 29 gallon so we can check it out. Thank you for your nice comment and welcoming to florida.

Just breathtaking and I bet it's even more so IRL ! Simply stunning well done !!!!
So is yours, how do you like the BB. You have some beautiful corals!

Great looking tank!
WOW, that is such an honor coming from you sir! Your tank is the bomb.

I love this tank. Anytime you want to post more and closer pics of the scape and corals would be fine with me.

Meet my new Orange-line cardinal, What is a good name for him? i guess i should call him Mr. Piggy, he love to eat all the time :lol:

Also here is a shot of some of the zoas and acans garden hopefully they will cover the whole rockwork in time.

IMG_1240.jpg

I love this tank. Anytime you want to post more and closer pics of the scape and corals would be fine with me.
Thank you for loving this tank. About the scape not sure if it is good or worst but I have redone another part to add in the scape, also rearranging the corals to have a better placement to spread out.

Dude, you are always teasing us with one little pic at a time, lol.
haha. At the moment the corals haven't grown much to take more pictures, you would get bored looking at the same pictures i take. :P

call him "Sunkist" as in Sunkist Oranges.
:lol: Sunkist sound awesome but i might plan to get 2 more to make a trio. what do you all think?

Not sure what to name that little fish but he is neat looking.

Also, that zoa/acan/ric garden looks very nice. Looks like it has great potential to expand and cover a lot of rock.

Looking forward to future updates and seeing this all progress.

Archived