Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you could benefit from building up both the semi arch and the island a few inches but we all know what happens when you start you mess with the scape. :lol: especially when your corals start growing in it will boost the height of both. I wouldn't touch a thing!

Thank you for the compliment, I worked really hard on my scape. Next tank will be done with live rock recipes and molds to avoid using PVC again. I don't regret PVC but it doesn't contribute to my bio filtration.

Yeah, i know what you mean but your scape is one of a kind. i never seen anyone try that! Lol tell you a secret* the reason why i have less rocks is because that was all the rock i have in my QT and i just reused the old rocks and scrub them down really hard to get all the GHA out and work with what i have left.

Also i did a slightly arch is because i am brainstorming and imagine the arch you see above on the right will be filled up with different color of Table SPS and on the left arch will be different sort of montiporas and so on.

Anyway i am looking for a new light. Any suggestion or idea on what to get for this tank setup? :lol:

Very nice! With that scape, you'll have a smaller version of this in a couple of years!
WOW OMG! That is an Truely amazing tank! Thank you awpong. You just gave me more motivation and hopes!

Incredible!
Thanks! Congrats to you on TOTM! Very well deserved!

Best regard

Shesh, do I need to remove my sand!? Lol....
I don't think so bro, if you do.. you gotta do it little by little from WC. Just leave it because with out sand, i think my problem for not having purple coraline algae is because of no sands.

That is a great scape! Are you going bare bottom? I can't wait to see it filled up with corals!
Yes i am. I just had to go with bare bottom for 2 reason. Keep it clean at all time from detrius and 2 more flow for SPS tank. plus my fishy love the flow and current it is giving in there. :P

Hi guys / gals,

Today I went to go try out some new LFS around the area and came to this little place called "Coral Reef Aquariums, the owner and wife was very helpful and had a very great deal for Easter. I spent a few things and just added some new members to the tank today. I think i am done with my fish stocking (maybe) Right now they are still hiding and trying to get use to their new environment.

So far so good with the transfer setup, some of the SPS became brown and pale because they been sitting in the QT for somewhat 3 weeks but i still see polyps extension so that is still a good sign. Hopefully they will gain back their colors in many months later on.

Cheers,

David

So far so good. What new additions did you add?
You will see soon, today I'm taking my lil daughter to go see "world wide corals" hopefully pickup some beginner frags.

nice looking work but it looks like it's gonna be a pain to change those media socks and to access the skimmer. love the scape tho. i like the cflean look of the scape and the ease in which to clean the sand under it.

jesster_rm80

You will see soon, today I'm taking my lil daughter to go see "world wide corals" hopefully pickup some beginner frags.

How did you like it there? Ive been once...I live in Palm bay so only about 45 mins from you. By the way LOVE the tank! Super clean and sick scape work you put together. Making me want to make over my 40B.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that scape WOW!!!!!!
Thank you!

This is going to look amazing as your corals grow on that scape!!!
Thanks, i will try to plan out how and what type of each SPS will be located. Mostly tabling Acros for the arch scape and maybe different types of Montipora caps frags on the left side. We'll see how it will grows in first.

So far so good. What new additions did you add?
You will see soon, i transfer my clowns and tailspot blenny to my backup tank but i did manage to get a Flame Angel, and Powder Brown with 2 Blue Chromis. I know i will get the Tang Police but i know what i will need to do later just like everyone else. LOL
Thats a really cool looking scape. Very original design.
Thanks you for the kind words

nice looking work but it looks like it's gonna be a pain to change those media socks and to access the skimmer. love the scape tho. i like the clean look of the scape and the ease in which to clean the sand under it.
Not really, i have lots of space to remove the media socks and Skimmer. If you look closer you can see where i hid the Power strip from my little daughter. Thanks!

How did you like it there? Ive been once...I live in Palm bay so only about 45 mins from you. By the way LOVE the tank! Super clean and sick scape work you put together. Making me want to make over my 40B.
World Wide Corals is out of this world, wow so much frags and affordable pieces. I can stand in there all day. Thanks for the kind words. You should go for it on the breeder!

how did you set up your overflow and return? Can you show pics of the pvc?
I made my overflow out of PVC and i can upload some picture of the PVC soon!
next time im in orlando can i come see this awesome tank in person?
uhhh. sure!

Nice work dude, is the tank BB?
Thanks, Yes yes the tank is BB, Love it clean!

cant wait to see more david. i need to come down there and get some of the sps you have ;)
Haha.. I don't have much SPS and plus they are just little frag size for now.

Best regard

Very nice looking scape and setup. As others have said, you can barely tell there is water in there.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Archived