Top Shelf Aquatics

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

A Piece of the Reef

Not long ago i had to tear down my last tank to move over to Orlando, Florida. So now it is time to get

back into my favorite hobby. I'm going to setup new tank in a couple days and will be mostly consist of

mixed reef some sps, zoas and acans. Very similar to the old one.

I choose something small because it will be easy to keep clean and also going for a minimalistic look with

a lot of open space to promote good growth and flow.

SEPTEMBER 2012

IMG_2329.jpg

AUGUST 2012

IMG_2284.jpg

End of July 2012

IMG_1013.jpg

JULY 2012

IMG_0600.jpg

JUNE 2012

IMG_0216.jpg

Midway MAY 2012

IMG_1896.jpg

MAY 2012

IMG_1538.jpg

APRIL 2012

IMG_1185.jpg

Established: APRIL 2012

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this is going to be a really nice build. What type of stand is that? A kitchen cabinet? Looks really nice.

Here are the first photos of the Build:

Tank: 40g Breeder 36' x 18' x 16'

IMG_1069.jpg

The stand look solid but i would like to get it a stronger foundation so i will work on reinforcement the stand cabinet better.

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

I already had the layout in my head. i got most of the supplies and looks like it is ready to get started soon. I will be working on the stand for the next few days and plan as i go.

hands down the best stand organizer i have seen on here. /tips hat

and i thought mine was good. :rolleyes:

Looks like this is going to be a really nice build. What type of stand is that? A kitchen cabinet? Looks really nice.
love the drawers for putting stuff in so you can keep it looking clean and sharp :-)

Thank you all!

Hi,

Thank you for your inputs but unfortunately i have planned to modify one of the drawers for separating the compartment from the sump in a safety dry location for parts of the electrical units and basic controllers. I have finished building the supports foundation of the cabinet stand. I am not a carpenter and i don't have the tools to build my own stand. i have found the cabinet and got an idea from my last stand from home depot or lowes.

The last stand i used was from the kitchen section but this time i found the perfect size and height that match the exact size of the 40 gallon breeder. The cabinet i have found to match my setup was in the bath room section called VANITY. I found it to be very sturdy and modern. Just like my whole living room and dining room.

The tank will be in the dining room because we all can sit down while we eat and enjoy the aquarium. I did not want to put in the living room because we spend alot of time in the kitchen more and if it was in the living room, i will be staring at the aquarium more then i be watching TV.

I also picked up a few woods and pre-cut the 2x4's while i was there at home depot. I managed to reinforced the stand and prewired all the equipments into where everything should be layout.

Here is the finalizing touch:

The top drawers will be the basic functions of the Maxspect G2 160w, 2 Mp10wES, and basic RKL to control Temp, Skimmer, and Nano Led Lights for Fuge.

IMG_1078.jpg

Top View of the layout

IMG_1077.jpg

Main Controllers that i have hide from my daughter so that she cannot flip the switch on/off. I am thinking about adding a lock on the doors.

IMG_1075.jpg

My favorite dosing from Bubble Magus

IMG_1079.jpg

Also using a proflex model 1 from my last setup as a sump

IMG_1073.jpg

Here is the full view of the stand.

IMG_1071.jpg

I have tried to tuck away most of the wires i could to give it a clean look and away from my views. There is still a lot more to do but i will try to get it done before the end of this month. I am also waiting on my new skimmer to get here soon, i have research alot of website and forums about this particular skimmer that would actually fit in the proflex sump. The sump is very small so it is very hard to find a good skimmer and small to fit inside the sump. I have purchased one off ebay and hope it can do the job like everyone else have had with it. The Skimmer is called SC-65 and will decided if i will be using a berlin method or fuge method again.

nor_cal_nano

OOooo. I like this one already. Definitely following.

That cube to the side looks pretty damn nice as well. This is gunna be awesome. I can tell.

What overflow option are you going with?

IMG_1073.jpg

Amazing sump configuration and organization

Did you use a bathroom vanity as the base?

Thank you all!

Hi,

Thank you for your inputs but unfortunately i have planned to modify one of the drawers for separating the compartment from the sump in a safety dry location for parts of the electrical units and basic controllers. I have finished building the supports foundation of the cabinet stand. I am not a carpenter and i don't have the tools to build my own stand. i have found the cabinet and got an idea from my last stand from home depot or lowes.

The last stand i used was from the kitchen section but this time i found the perfect size and height that match the exact size of the 40 gallon breeder. The cabinet i have found to match my setup was in the bath room section called VANITY. I found it to be very sturdy and modern. Just like my whole living room and dining room.

The tank will be in the dining room because we all can sit down while we eat and enjoy the aquarium. I did not want to put in the living room because we spend alot of time in the kitchen more and if it was in the living room, i will be staring at the aquarium more then i be watching TV.

I also picked up a few woods and pre-cut the 2x4's while i was there at home depot. I managed to reinforced the stand and prewired all the equipments into where everything should be layout.

Here is the finalizing touch:

The top drawers will be the basic functions of the Maxspect G2 160w, 2 Mp10wES, and basic RKL to control Temp, Skimmer, and Nano Led Lights for Fuge.

IMG_1078.jpg

Top View of the layout

IMG_1077.jpg

Main Controllers that i have hide from my daughter so that she cannot flip the switch on/off. I am thinking about adding a lock on the doors.

IMG_1075.jpg

My favorite dosing from Bubble Magus

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Here is the full view of the stand.

IMG_1071.jpg

I have tried to tuck away most of the wires i could to give it a clean look and away from my views. There is still a lot more to do but i will try to get it done before the end of this month. I am also waiting on my new skimmer to get here soon, i have research alot of website and forums about this particular skimmer that would actually fit in the proflex sump. The sump is very small so it is very hard to find a good skimmer and small to fit inside the sump. I have purchased one off ebay and hope it can do the job like everyone else have had with it. The Skimmer is called SC-65 and will decided if i will be using a berlin method or fuge method again.

Wow. Talk about organization! That looks awesome.

Tagging along :)

What will be your lighting? :happy:
My old basic functions "Maxspect G2 160w" still work and provide growth like a champ for now only. Currently searching for the perfect light.
Wooo! New build!
Thanks!

OOooo. I like this one already. Definitely following.

That cube to the side looks pretty damn nice as well. This is gunna be awesome. I can tell.

What overflow option are you going with?

Welcome aboard! That cube was my emergency move from another state to Florida on a 17 hour ride.

I will be using my old Mame method style for my overflow with new build custom build overflow.

Amazing sump configuration and organization

Did you use a bathroom vanity as the base?

Hi, I used a bathroom Vanity without the granite top.

Ohhh sounds interesting!
Hi Paigee! Thanks you for joining
Wow. Talk about organization! That looks awesome.

Tagging along :)

Thankyou and welcome aboard!

Very nice and clean!!! Those 40 b's are great tanks.
Thanks! This is my first 40 b setup and i am super excited to get this thing going and the pre-setup is fun and stressful because you definitely have to make sure everything goes smooth and functionable for long term.
:o
:huh:

Thanks everyone! i will try to response back to you all the best i can

Best regard

Awesome build. Can't wait to see it up and running. Jealous of that doser, I gotta get one of those. Ha ha

We have tons of aquarium shops in the area, and I know of two that just opened up. Total reef stores.

Any questions on the ones near you just ask.

Very impressive.
Thank you.. So is your's! i enjoyed following both your tank thread.

Awesome build. Can't wait to see it up and running. Jealous of that doser, I gotta get one of those. Ha ha

We have tons of aquarium shops in the area, and I know of two that just opened up. Total reef stores.

Any questions on the ones near you just ask.

Thankyou!

I have not check out any LFS around here in Orlando yet but if you would kindly direct or recommended some good aquarium shops that would be awesome! i have just move-in for almost 4 weeks and finally trying to get settle down at the new condo. I will be needing some good advices! Thanks

Best regard

Mother of god! That's a lot of equipment.

the sc-65 is decent from what I've read, but you can modify it to improve it. The flange from the input that fits into the skimmer body can be filed down. There are threads on this (don't have link, think it was a discussion on reef central).

:bowdown: DAAAAAAANG

Based on what we've seen so far I think its safe to say your tank will be kick azz!!

I have a brand new 40B in my garage that I want to set up so im gonna follow

Hi Guys amd Gals,

Warming up today ! Tomorrow I will get my hands in setting up and testing the overflow and sump, can´t wait

Today I manage to find the time and carefully painted the background of the tank

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

i also went in further and painted the bottom of the tank just incase i went with Bare Bottom. i bought the Rust-Oleum Sandy look-a-like color at home depot. It look almost like i have sand in the tank.

so far it turn out really great!

IMG_1081.jpg

Mind as well paint the black trim to white to give it a super clean look with the whole stand

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

Don't mind the dirty finger printed glass, just wanted to see how it look on the stand

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Does it look better?

Well, tomorrow I will take some pics of the overflow

Best Regards

I like that you took the time to paint the plastic on the tank to match the cabinet. So many times this is overlooked and it really makes one heck of a difference.

Archived