ReefCleaners.org

akmas elos midi

akma

Finally got all my parts for my midi. Love the elos tank, hate the elos customer service.

I wanted to get some pics up and i'll have everything transferred over by Thursday.

411:

- Elos midi tank, stand, sump

- swc 120 skimmer

- RKL

- Ebo jager heater

- Ati powermodule 4 bulb fixture

- 2x mp10es. Not sure if i'm going to use both or just one right now.

- Tropic eden sand (best sand i've seen so far)

- Fauna Marin doser

- jbj nanoglo for fuge

Still debating on whether to move my platinum clownfish or onyx/picasso pair into this tank.

midiandsolana.jpg

tankpic.jpg

nettop.jpg

July 6th, 2012 Updated FTS

fronttankshot.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Nice elos tank, based on your opinion, do you think the solana34g is more worth it than the elos midi ? like I've been debating for my future tank whether I should get elos mini/stand or solana 34/stand

Thanks man.

I love my solana. I just prefer having a sump. If I had space i'd keep my solana.

The elos midi is nice i'm not gonna lie. But if I had to do it again i'd rather get a custom built tank by miracles or one of those other companies. Just on customer service I will never order an elos tank again. Complete BS.

Nice elos tank, based on your opinion, do you think the solana34g is more worth it than the elos midi ? like I've been debating for my future tank whether I should get elos mini/stand or solana 34/stand
Deleted User 4
Thanks man.

I love my solana. I just prefer having a sump. If I had space i'd keep my solana.

The elos midi is nice i'm not gonna lie. But if I had to do it again i'd rather get a custom built tank by miracles or one of those other companies. Just on customer service I will never order an elos tank again. Complete BS.

mmmm but I love the elos tank, I've never seen it in person since my local fs don't sell it, but I might be able to see it this sunday at the marine expo, but still, like the price of elos mini 20g is about 34g of solana sooo I'm still debating on which is better deal,from the pictures, seem like the elos glass and silicone is built better than the solana, what is so bad about the customer service elos provides?? did you purchase your elos midi online directly from their site?

Spent all morning moving everything over. Think everything made it okay, so snapped a few pics as of right now. I'm going to be mounting the acans on the egg crate soon, just haven't figured out where yet.

fronttank1.jpg

fronttankshot.jpg

Picked up a few sweet acans a few weeks ago, but only snapped these 2 for now.

Apple Jacks:

applejacks.jpg

Passion:

passionacan.jpg

lol thanks dude.

JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice looking tank! and great pictures. I will be drooling over those acans for a while...
Nice onyx clown, btw your frogspawn it way too big, should probably trim it or sell it for more frags!!

Thanks man. This onyx is c-quest lineage and he's dark as heck. I've had a few of rod's onyx but I never got the full black. Always 1/2 black. I might just sell the hammer colony as a whole, so I can put sps up there. I'd hate to frag this guy.

Boy nice acan lawn you've started there. It'll be super cool when it overs the front.

Thanks. I actually want to place them on the rocks. Just have to figure out where and how at the moment.

Deleted User 4

Nice, selling it does it for more room for more frags. btw, could you take some more pics of your onyx picassos? ty

Nice, selling it does it for more room for more frags. btw, could you take some more pics of your onyx picassos? ty

hey bud,

I have an older picture. I'll try to take some new ones after my next water change this week.

This was my old pair, but the one with crazy markings died.

clowns4-1.jpg

This is the picasso/onyx clownfish pair.

picassonyx1.jpg

Deleted User 4

Wow, freaking nice, how did the one with crazy markings pass away? I've always loved the original onyx clowns!!

Wow, freaking nice, how did the one with crazy markings pass away? I've always loved the original onyx clowns!!

I have no idea. It was the saddest thing. I bought the pair from liveaquaria. He was always thin around the bottom. No matter how much I fed he wouldn't gain weight. Then I went away for the weekend and when I came back he was gone.

The onyx is always one of my favorites. I traded one of sanjay's original photon for my onyx. Too bad rod's onyx female passed away. C-quest onyx are nice too. I have a guy on my local forum that breeds them and sells it. THey color up pretty fast too.

c-quest breeds clownfish as well. I believe rod's original pair came from c-quest.

mmm nice, btw what's c-quest onyx??
Deleted User 4
c-quest breeds clownfish as well. I believe rod's original pair came from c-quest.

Oh i see, just did some research and yeah turns out c-quest is a breeding farm for aquacultured species. What's SA? Just curious as to why dd has been carrying really nice looking SA onyx, other clowns but are much cheaper than the ORA onyx,other clowns that they sell. So is ROD just as good as c-quest?

Yeps.

SA has some nice clownfish. I bought a snow onyx from them, but it disappeared from my tank one day.

I believe rod's initial onyx clownfish came from c-quest, but he was great at marketing and became famous.

Dude iix, I just picked up a new tank tonight. Check it out:

elosminii.jpg

elosmini.jpg

what the heckk, another elos tank??? I thought you have an elos midi already LOL

Dude, I couldn't pass this up. lol. I got a great deal with the ai sol blue and livestock.

Deleted User 4

OMG SUCH A GOOD BUY!!! wow can't believe you got such a deal, guess this is what happens when you lose a few pricy clowns, in return you get future goodass deals for karma.

Archived