Top Shelf Aquatics

•••Tiny box of sea water•••

JR!

i have 2 of these on the way.

0d1mU.jpg

should be enough for soft coral. then in gonna bump up to the rapid kit.

Just remember, no new equipment as of May 1st...Those China E27 LED bulbs won't be here till at least Mid-April, so when were you planning on adding the Rapid LED kit?

P.S.-Those 1w Epistars more than enough for soft corals, could prrobably do alot of different corals under them, I reckon.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i should have the rapid kit by the dead line. if i dont then the bulb that im getting now will be ok :)

i really wanna do all sps coral now lol

i should have the rapid kit by the dead line. if i dont then the bulb that im getting now will be ok :)

i really wanna do all sps coral now lol

Well, I would just order 4 more bulbs from China for another 20 bucks, maybe cheaper...I would get one bulb that is 3x1w Royal Blue, one bulb that is 3x1w Cool White...Both those bulbs are 4.50 shipped....then I would get two more of the 2x1w Blue, 1x1w Cool White, and that would be 19bucks total for another 12x1w LED's...Bumping the total up to 15x1w LEDs...6x Blue, 6x Cool White, 3x Royal Blue...On a 7" cube? I think you could grow about anything under that, and all for under 30 bucks plus the cost of my DIY fixture.

Just a thought.

Gotta remember though, the optics on these bulbs are 30 degrees, so you might wanna hang it up higher to avoid a nasty spotlight effect. I'm eager to see how the 2 blue 1 white bulbs look, cause I only have the 3 royal blue...

i have 2 of these on the way.

0d1mU.jpg

should be enough for soft coral. then in gonna bump up to the rapid kit.

Honestly Ive been keeping 1sps frag under this blue epistar bulb. so far no issues!!

You could easy do soft and lsp. possable some sps. with a few of theses lights.

Honestly Ive been keeping 1sps frag under this blue epistar bulb. so far no issues!!

You could easy do soft and lsp. possable some sps. with a few of theses lights.

That sounds promising. The ora birdsnest that I have needs to be fraged soon so I might try that first. It doesn't seem to like a ton of light.

what seller did you buy from. I am needing a cheapo solution to put over a 20L i go sitting around that i wanna use as a QT for coral and fish when i start stocking the BC29 revamp thingy i got in the works.

what seller did you buy from. I am needing a cheapo solution to put over a 20L i go sitting around that i wanna use as a QT for coral and fish when i start stocking the BC29 revamp thingy i got in the works.

2012-03-27162349-1.jpg

Excatly the same seller as the water mark on your photo says.

Luckzdl2008 I think is the sell. I pretty sure it said that he had 195 of them left. All kinds of color combos too

Hahaha I missed that as well

LOL thx.. didn't look for a watermark but now i see it..Ty both..Gonna check em out see what i can come up with if its a cheaper solution for my purposes than a DIY LED.

Ill be using 2blue 1 white over a 9" sps cube. but my white came out really yellow? not shure why. im going to get a new white. tinygiant has an amazing thread about the gu10 bulbs

Ill be using 2blue 1 white over a 9" sps cube. but my white came out really yellow? not shure why. im going to get a new white. tinygiant has an amazing thread about the gu10 bulbs

Hummmm well I hope the ones I get aren't that way. If they are o well I only spent 10 on the 2 of them

your making me want to start a contest tank :ninja:

Do it! Like fast lol

Sweet cube yo! Remember, pics, pics and more pics :P

-dan

Haha there are going to be alot. I promise :P

Jacob042426

My tank is 7"by 7"by 6". I'm going to steal all of your equipment plans! :lol:

Just kidding, but I have been planning to buy the things you bought before you bought them .:)

Archived