• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

lifen

lifen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 09 Jun 2010

At the moment I have an Emerald crab, two hermits and some snails (which are missing ATM).
I want to add another crab (or two!) soon. But I'm not sure if I can mix them all up.

It seems there can be some fighting between a pom pom crab and a porcelain crab. Not sure though.
Can you guys tell me a bit more about this mix-up? Is it possible? Am I doomed to only have one - beloved - crab? I must know!

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
You can mix them no problem

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Did someone mention Alto ???
Im GAGA for Alto !!

I'd give you a hug but you might stab me

29 gallon reef; 20 gallon angler lagoon

Posted Image

Islandoftiki

Islandoftiki

Islandoftiki

• Members
  • 3,273 posts
  • Joined 13 Oct 2011
  • Oregon
I have a pom pom and an emerald crab, they leave each other alone and get along with everyone in the tank including hermits, cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, goby and a sixline. (10 gallons)

lifen

lifen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 09 Jun 2010
Ok thanks for the fast replies guys!

C.I._Reefer

C.I._Reefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2012

I have a pom pom and an emerald crab, they leave each other alone and get along with everyone in the tank including hermits, cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, goby and a sixline. (10 gallons)

IME you really shouldn't have a sixline in a 10g

colbertbr

colbertbr

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Joined 08 Mar 2012

IME you really shouldn't have a sixline in a 10g

How many six lines have you owned? I thought they were small enough to do fine in a 10 gallon.

paratiddies

paratiddies

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27 Dec 2010
  • DFW

At the moment I have an Emerald crab, two hermits and some snails (which are missing ATM).
I want to add another crab (or two!) soon. But I'm not sure if I can mix them all up.

It seems there can be some fighting between a pom pom crab and a porcelain crab. Not sure though.
Can you guys tell me a bit more about this mix-up? Is it possible? Am I doomed to only have one - beloved - crab? I must know!

I've got 2 pom poms and an emerald in a 10g - I've seen a fight between the pom poms but not with the emerald, he's quite a bit bigger than they are but minds his business. One pom pom stays on the left side of the tank, one on the right, and the emerald kinda roams all over.

I've actually thought about getting a porcelain too, you'd probably see him a lot more than the pom poms - they don't come out a whole lot unless it's feeding time and even then it's not a sure thing

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

How many six lines have you owned? I thought they were small enough to do fine in a 10 gallon.

You've never seen one full grown then

I've got 2 pom poms and an emerald in a 10g - I've seen a fight between the pom poms but not with the emerald, he's quite a bit bigger than they are but minds his business. One pom pom stays on the left side of the tank, one on the right, and the emerald kinda roams all over.

I've actually thought about getting a porcelain too, you'd probably see him a lot more than the pom poms - they don't come out a whole lot unless it's feeding time and even then it's not a sure thing

I see my pom poms more than my porcelain, but then again I've taken the time to learn their hiding spots and I feed a lot.

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

Jacob042426

Jacob042426

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 4,537 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2011
  • Miami
He has a long shallow 10g fyi.

Edited by Jacob042426, 26 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

He has a long shallow 10g fyi.

That explains it. A standard 10 would be too small, but an extra long one is fine. It's more about footprint than gallonage so why haven't we switched over to that form of measure?

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

Saltyduck

Saltyduck

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 09 Oct 2011
  • NJ
I NEVER see my pompom. In fact I thought it was DEAD until I took everything out of my tank and rearranged things and boy was I surprised when I found it!
Posted Image
15 Gallon Tall Nano, Work in Progress.

michelleshusband

michelleshusband

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 05 Jan 2011
I had a porcelin and emerald in one tank before. My emerald killed my porcelin. I saw the emerald cut off all the legs on one side and the claws. Procelin died in 2 weeks.