Top Shelf Aquatics

Help needed fast!clams foot ripped off

Nano reefer20

Nano reefer20

My crocea is on the sandbed,somehow the foot is ripped off of it..a good half inch.

I'm sure it will die,should I take it out?or levave it in there...

How fast until it dies,right now it's still responding to lights kinda.

C.I._Reefer
My crocea is on the sandbed,somehow the foot is ripped off of it..a good half inch.

I'm sure it will die,should I take it out?or levave it in there...

How fast until it dies,right now it's still responding to lights kinda.

Any idea how id happened? I know maximas will drop their "foot" fibers when they move, dont know much about croceas though, unfortunately. Any chance it just ejected its byssal tissue? is there any foot tissue left?

Nano reefer20
Any idea how id happened? I know maximas will drop their "foot" fibers when they move, dont know much about croceas though, unfortunately. Any chance it just ejected its byssal tissue? is there any foot tissue left?

It's not like the little stringy foot thing,it's the actual foot,it's looks like a quarter inch thick and about half an inch long and has alot of tear signs.

Don't really know what happened,the clam has been in that spot for the past year and was very healthy.

Nano reefer20

Yeah it's in the sandbed now looking all good and fully open.

How do I make te clam stay put?it went from being on the highest point on my rockwork to on the sandbed...I'm running 6xati powermodule on my 36" cube that 13" deep..will he be okay?

Here's a dried up pic of te "foot" so you guys can see lol!will it grow back?

8b154db3.jpg

It should be fine where it is. Long as it doesnt get infected. Do not ty to glue or wedge it into the rock work to get it higher.. sand is the safest place for it now. I don't think they regrow their feet though..

Yeah it's in the sandbed now looking all good and fully open.

How do I make te clam stay put?it went from being on the highest point on my rockwork to on the sandbed...I'm running 6xati powermodule on my 36" cube that 13" deep..will he be okay?

Here's a dried up pic of te "foot" so you guys can see lol!will it grow back?

8b154db3.jpg

What makes you so sure that that's the foot? I've never seen a brown clam foot before.

he said it was a dried up foot. Things discolor as they dry out..(beef jerkey is not red when dried even if not soaked in brine first it turne a maroonish brown color) si u attributed the color to that.. just my interpretation though.

Nano reefer20

As above,it's dried up.

It was white in color when it was in the water and about twice the size.

And man...I didn't know the clams foot was the strong,it was just hanging there from the rock and I decided to take it off and honestly you need to put some work in to get it off the rock...it's like a strong rubberband lol.

Archived