ReefCleaners.org

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

The Tester's of the MP10 shield should record a short video of it in action and post it here. In this case a picture would say a 1,000 words but a video will say a million. :)

+1

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the shield, everything looks great for rimless but I probably need to order the universal because it will be perfect to move it anywhere higher or anywhere in the tank.

noobwithatank

Are you going to make an hob surface skimmer boxs? or would it be custom. how much would one of your AIO 20's be if i wanted the bottom sealed and some magnets one the read of it.

as promise, i can't get my MP10 out the other tank because it is in use for the moment. This is for my new Softies / LPS tank so i am at the planning stage for the moment. Please excuse the mess.

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

Everything fit perfect, but i would totally recommend for those that does not have rimless is to get the UNIVERSAL MP10 Shield.

Thanks Tim for letting me test it out. i definitely going to need some more custom acrylic for my new nano tank.

Best Regard,

David

bump

Tim do you know if anyone is using a skimmer in chamber 1 of your 20L kit? If so which one works well and fits? Biocube skimmer? I'm finding my cheato is trapping to much crap and without constant rinsing (which is a pain due to lid and cords,ato ect) to remove every week I figured a skimmer might be the ticket.any ideas? Let's hear what others are doing pleae. Other than that I'm digin the tank.its become an sps tank with a 250w halide over it and topping up with kalk

Tim do you know if anyone is using a skimmer in chamber 1 of your 20L kit? If so which one works well and fits? Biocube skimmer? I'm finding my cheato is trapping to much crap and without constant rinsing (which is a pain due to lid and cords,ato ect) to remove every week I figured a skimmer might be the ticket.any ideas? Let's hear what others are doing pleae. Other than that I'm digin the tank.its become an sps tank with a 250w halide over it and topping up with kalk

check this

How low does the mp10 sit with the shield below the rim?

I will try to get a ruler and measure for you.

But I think the universal will go as far up the rim.

• 3 weeks later...

Tim, is working on some details in regards to the shield. Shouldn't be long from now.

I just don't know what happen to the others who are testing it for him. Probably, relaying messages through PM's....

What are the chances of getting a media tray for the ac110??? Surface Skimmer would be nice too. I had both for my ac70 but upgraded filters. The skimmer almost works, just needs to be a little bigger to handle the increased flow...

• 4 weeks later...
What are the chances of getting a media tray for the ac110??? Surface Skimmer would be nice too. I had both for my ac70 but upgraded filters. The skimmer almost works, just needs to be a little bigger to handle the increased flow...

I am trying answer everything in my forum sponsor thread so I hadn't looked at this thread in a long time. I have had many reefers ask about a Surface Skimmer Box and Media Basket for the AC110. So it will be the next production project I work on.

• 1 month later...
Being stuck in the house with the baby this weekend has really given me the to bare down on a couple of more overdue projects. First I made a small mini version on the HOB Surface skimmer for Bartek. I believe he was going to use it on an AC20.I also finished the prototype of this Surface Skimmer Media Box. It will be for the AquarClear 70. It is a surface skimmer box with room for filter media and Chemi-pure, carbon etc. This allow you to get the media out of the AquaClear and make more room in the filter for growing Chaeto. It's magnet mount of course....SufaceSkimmerMediaBox.jpg

You selling these yet Pete?

Archived