inTank Media Baskets

MiniMalistic Pico by NanoTopia

NanoTopia

He's doing just fine. This shrimp is very delicate, almost never saw him for the first two months, now he is out quite a bit. I would be careful who you put him in with, I think he could easily become a tasty meal. I have him in with two sexy shrimp and a hermit crab ATM, no fish. Not sure how he would fair with bigger fish and shrimp. In ant case he is cool, I lost the Bumble Bee Shrimp, Gnathophyllum americanum. and the Venus Anemone Shrimp, Anclyomenes venustus.

I am in the process of slowly shutting down this tank, moving some corals over to the 20g. Think I will leave it up and running for two more months at least though. The new ADA 7.2 gallon tank will replace this tank in mid summer if all goes as planned.

Christine

Glad to hear he's well. Well the only inhabitants in my tank are the Blood Cleaner Shrimp, TSB and 2 Dwarf Zebra Hermits. Cleaner shrimp seems to be super gentle and the TSB is scared of everything! I would hope he would be alright. Since multiple fish aren't an option for my tank, I rather have multiple small inverts. :D

Sad about this tank shutting down, but I know what's to come is going to blow this 'out of the water' :lol:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you plan on using the same light over the new tank or is there another light in the works?

No, I will be going with a commercially made fixture, not sure which one yet.

• 3 weeks later...

This little guy has renewed my interest in the pico.

9043566392_2c2fd6c832_c.jpg
ORA Sharknose Goby - Elacatinus evelynae
polarblair2000

Great little fish, had one in my previous nano.

Great little fish, had one in my previous nano.

I like him so far thanks :)

Beautiful fish.

Thanks Kat, funny thing is he eats like a shark, vicious little guy at 1.5" long :lol:

polarblair2000

I like him so far thanks :)

Thanks Kat, funny thing is he eats like a shark, vicious little guy at 1.5" long :lol:

I think there is a reason why they are called Sharknose Gobys, my one developed a annoying habit of bitting me when I had my hand in the tank. Keep an eye on him ;)

• 1 month later...
Nano sapiens

Great fish for a Nano/Pico.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Last FTS of this tank before it is torn down to make way for my new ADA 30C tank. Much of the livestock from this tank will go into the new tank including the shrimp, goby, hermit, urchin, and some corals, but mot the rock.

9936773225_9d279166e5_b.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

I missed this last post. Fantastic little tank, sorry to see it go. :)

Thanks Mark, I have too many tanks now. The new ADA 7g replaces this tank.

I will use it for an extra month as a QT tank for a small fish then drain it.

I have another pico coming from Micro-Reefs soon, going to be a COLD water tank :)

And I just realized this tank is one and a half years old.

Sell me your led fixture! :D

Haha, I tore it apart last week. going to use some of the components for a new light over a new reef :)

Hey would you tell me what you used for the lid on your mini reactor?

It's all acrylic Jerremy, two 5mm pieces bonged together, hand crafted with a silicone o-ring for a tension fitting.

Those Sharknose Gobies are really nice. They are semi-active, perfect for nano or pico tanks. What I have noticed with my own sharky is that these guys have very sensitive immune system and can contract ich or other diseases quite easily. It is kind of a parody since Sharnose Gobies are in fact cleaner gobies and feeding on parasites of other fish is quite common. These gobies might let smaller fish into their cleaning station but very rarely. Larger fish on the other hand, don't even need an invite...... Great little fishy

Those Sharknose Gobies are really nice. Those are semi-active fish perfect for nano or pico tanks. What I have noticed with my own sharky is that these guys have very sensitive immune system and can contract ich or other diseases quite easily. It is kind of parody since Sharnose Gobies are in fact cleaner gobies and feeding on parasites of other fish is quite common for this fish. They might let smaller fish into their cleaning station but very rarely. Larger fish on the other hand, don't even need an invite...... Great little fish

He's been great in my pico, eats like a shark! He will only eat PEMysis Frozen, tried to get him on pellets but he just spits them out, even if there pre-sofened.

He will go into my 7 gallon tank when it's ready for him, I like this fish a lot but as you say, he is not always active, likes to hide in a small cave of overhang.

Never had issue with him disease wise. This is a tank bread ORA goby so he adjusted pretty well for me.

He's been great in my pico, eats like a shark! He will only eat PEMysis Frozen, tried to get him on pellets but he just spits them out, even if there pre-sofened. He will go into my 7 gallon tank when it's ready for him, I like this fish a lot but as you say, he is not always active, likes to hide in a small cave of overhang. Never had issue with him disease wise. This is a tank bread ORA goby so he adjusted pretty well for me.
At feeding time, he is zigzagging as if his "feet" were on fire but usually hangs around LR, top of the toadstool or glass (almost as if he had suction caps mounted on his belly. My came with ich that wasn't noticeable at first. And I only said that these are somewhat sensitive and prone to contract diseases bc it took me the longest to get this guy in shape then any other fish I treated for ich. And when it seemed to be fine, another outbreak kryptonite his little body. As far as feeding goes, you are right. Frozen baby brine, mysis and mix meaty formula are his favorites but he bite on some dry food occasionally. Six line wresse and clown sporadically beg to be groomed but he wouldn't do it.... Saw him attempt cleaning six liner once buy he just wouldn't stand still. Algae blenny (about 4") on the other hand gets all his and skunk shrimp attention.

P.S 7g is plenty for this guy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived