SaltCritters.com

Dave's 20g Led Hex upgraded to 90g Par38 mixed reef!

Dave9905

I am somewhat new to Nano-reef.com, I have came here for some info and questions but never really put any of my personal info on here so here we go...
I have been keeping fish for the last 20yrs now since my first goldfish, to beta, then a 10g fresh about 16yrs ago and moved on up from there. Tried salt water for the first time 10yrs ago with my 20 hexagon with an ocellaris clown and regular firefish, some blue leg hermits and a condy anenome. That was a success so moved up to a 30g and eventually got a coralife metal halite 150w and started with some beginner corals. So of course ran out of room and purchased a used 90g reef ready with custom built oak stand and canopy for $300. I still have the tank today but had to break it down when I had to move to a 3rd floor apartment. I didnt feel comfortable having a tank that large on a 3rd floor even though my apartment complex said it was fine. I decided to sell all of my live goods to local fish store (everything but my 160lbs of figi and tonga live rock), and figured I would go without a tank for a couple years until i moved into something more permanent. Well that lasted about a month before i went crazy without a fish tank to stare at. So out came my 20 hex again and decided to go nano-reef. Here is a FTS after about 6 months...
post-62858-1332612303_thumb.jpg

I am only keeping 3 fish in my tank I believe this is its max and they include...

- Naked Clown

- Helfrichi Firefish

- Yellow Assessor

Tank is lit with a single PAR38 Rapidled bulb. May add to this later but after about 6 months all frags are doing great sps included.

Some more tank shots...

post-62858-1332614534_thumb.jpgpost-62858-1332614594_thumb.jpgpost-62858-1332614634_thumb.jpg

post-62858-1332614666_thumb.jpgpost-62858-1332614701_thumb.jpgpost-62858-1332614729_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Just bought our first house in June and set up my 90g in Dec. after sitting about 4yrs in my mothers garage (didnt want to set it up and break it down every year bouncing from apartment to apartment). Transfered everything from my 20hex, and did a large order of acans through saltcritters.com, along with a couple purchases from lfs. Everything's looking good after 6 weeks. Will try to post pics tomorrow if cell phone and corals cooperate.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some pics of the new setup in my 90g. I did not edit them so they do not give the true colors with the leds. I have 4 par38 full spectrum from ledtric supplemented with a 2 bulb t5 combo. T5 bulbs include blue+ and purple+.

Fulltankshot.jpg

Some acan shots:

Rainbow acan has 4 babies underneath

rainbowacan.jpg

Purple acan about 30 heads

purpleacan.jpg

These were red but now an orange color

orangeacan.jpg

purplewithgreencenteracan.jpgacans.jpgacans3.jpggreenmicromussa.jpg

Archived