Coral Vue Hydros

another reefcleaners experience

JamesHL88

I dont really know how i feel about my order overall. I would order again, but i think next time i will just order one snail and see what he sends me lol. I enjoyed getting some of the extras. I ordered three porcelain crabs and recieved four. One of wich was DOA. So the extra one made sure i got what i ordered. The only thing that was a little anyoning was the god awfull amount of dwarf ceriths. Luckily i have a friend that is setting up his first tank and ill be able to hook him up with a CUC now. John is extremely responsive through email and provides top notch customer service. I would prefer a phone line to work out more complex confusion but over all reefcleaners is the best value for your money with the best CS around.

I would like to add that i was aware of johns tendency to send extras thats why i ordered the ten gallon package for a fifty five. But seriously man you can calm down with the dwarf ceriths lol.

johnmaloney

Sorry about the DOA crab, glad there was an extra to make up for him.

Thanks for the feedback, I think we will roll back the extras, most of our negative responses come from sending extras.

Islandoftiki

Maybe you could have an option on the order form: Yes I would like some freebies/No, send me only EXACTLY what I ordered.

I liked the freebies, and all of the dwarf ceriths are still doing well.

Islandoftiki
Why are people complaining about freebies? People don't like free things anymore?

Communists, obviously.

The freebies are awesome! I just know to purchase the quick crew for a small tank that what I actually have. Sometimes you get a few empty shells or a hermit that has stowed away so I don't mind the extras. Nothing but great experiences with reef cleaners! I just wish the snails would stop escaping from my rimless aquariums :P

theevilsock
Maybe you could have an option on the order form: Yes I would like some freebies/No, send me only EXACTLY what I ordered.

I liked the freebies, and all of the dwarf ceriths are still doing well.

This - I liked the freebies on my order as well. I think an extra box to check "exact quantity please" would be great option for those who may be concerned...

Sorry about the DOA crab, glad there was an extra to make up for him.

Thanks for the feedback, I think we will roll back the extras, most of our negative responses come from sending extras.

just don't implement this policy until after i order stuff from you :)

johnmaloney

well I think we may be able to approve on the amount of extras, bringing them closer to a "normal amount" may not hurt. If someone orders 10 and we send 50 that is fine, but 300 may be a bit much. :)

My Mantis demands (err, wants) them...

:tears:

:tears:

No need to cry. The first order I placed for my 55g isn't for the mantis :). That, and many in the 5.5 are still alive.

I love the freebies too!!! Shame on OP for complaining about freebies BOOOO! Don't ruin it for the rest of us! :D

I just got my CUC from Reefcleaners! Huge fan. I ordered a 5.5 nano quick crew...i think it was supposed to have around 10 snails of diff types...I got around 60+. Granted lots are tiny ceriths (counted 40), but still. Very pleased. I also got 3 tiny HC hitch hikers in little cerith shells. A couple might have been dead...but there are more then enough extras!. It was packed extremely well and arrived from Florida to VA in 2 days using USPS. I also got 3 types of macros...all for $20. One happy camper. I highly recommend.

nor_cal_nano
I dont really know how i feel about my order overall. I would order again, but i think next time i will just order one snail and see what he sends me lol. I enjoyed getting some of the extras. I ordered three porcelain crabs and recieved four. One of wich was DOA. So the extra one made sure i got what i ordered. The only thing that was a little anyoning was the god awfull amount of dwarf ceriths. Luckily i have a friend that is setting up his first tank and ill be able to hook him up with a CUC now. John is extremely responsive through email and provides top notch customer service. I would prefer a phone line to work out more complex confusion but over all reefcleaners is the best value for your money with the best CS around.

I would like to add that i was aware of johns tendency to send extras thats why i ordered the ten gallon package for a fifty five. But seriously man you can calm down with the dwarf ceriths lol.

Were you also aware you could specify you don't want extras? Cuz, like, if you did, none of us would have to hear you ##### and moan about extra items. And it looks as though he'll probably do away with the extras now anyway. Nice work D Bag.

I like the extra's myself, even if I have to scoot a fistful of cerith out of a spot to mount coral. My only concern is having the little devils run out of food, which in my opinion beats the alternative every day.

Still, I imagine you could trade snails for a tiny amount of store credit of your unhappy with the spotless live rock look.

Were you also aware you could specify you don't want extras? Cuz, like, if you did, none of us would have to hear you ##### and moan about extra items. And it looks as though he'll probably do away with the extras now anyway. Nice work D Bag.

LOL! :lol:

I feel bad about this because before placing my order i actually jumped on someomes thread that was complaining about this same thing. To be honest the freebies is why i ordered. And all the other crab and snail species i recieved only had a few extra or at most double. Wich was cool and fun. My only issue was the dwarf ceriths. They are just very unatractive covering half the sand bed. I didnt mean this to be a negative review either because i would highly recomemd them. And will most likely order again if i need to refresh my CUC. But i dont think my army of snails is gonna need reinforcements any time soon. Sorry if i ruined the fun for everyone. :(

Nothing in that post is true except that i am a dbag.

I feel bad about this because before placing my order i actually jumped on someomes thread that was complaining about this same thing. To be honest the freebies is why i ordered. And all the other crab and snail species i recieved only had a few extra or at most double. Wich was cool and fun. My only issue was the dwarf ceriths. They are just very unatractive covering half the sand bed. I didnt mean this to be a negative review either because i would highly recomemd them. And will most likely order again if i need to refresh my CUC. But i dont think my army of snails is gonna need reinforcements any time soon. Sorry if i ruined the fun for everyone. :(

Nothing in that post is true except that i am a dbag.

Well, John did say he got the most complaint S about the extras...so clearly you're not the only one...I'm just shocked people complain about free stuff. Don't feel too bad, it only looks on this thread like your're the straw that broke the cammels back and we're all losing out on free snails b/c of you! In reality, there were many people complaining about it :o:lol::angry:

LOL. :haha:

And i want to clarify that i didnt start a thread to whine about free snails. Evryone seems to be missing that i praised the company in every other aspect of the transaction. I wrote a review of pacific east aquaculture the same day because both packages arrived on the 23rd. So lets all move to that thread and keep flamming.

Archived