Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pandering for POTM Votes

Deleted User 6

I don't even enter because it's become a spamming/popularity contest not a photo contest.

I do vote for what I think is the best picture. My pick is loosing badly though.

+1 I definitely wont be entering again any time soon.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think anyone that voted for someone that PMd them should have the self-decency to clear their vote unless they truly believe it's the best picture.

donut :lol:

NR's cross between hd and calvin :P

Christopher Marks

If the allegations are true that unsolicited private messages were sent encouraging votes for a specific photograph, that photograph will be removed. If anyone would like to forward me the offending private message, it will be dealt with quickly.

surgicalsense

My opinion: Innocent until proven guilty.

I highly doubt that there was a, "real" private message sent with an member showing scantily clad pictures to gain votes. It is an accusation made by one memeber only. With no other comming forward to back this up.

Questions: How does this fall into context for those who solicit their photo entries on the personal signatures? Which still indicates encouragement to vote for a specific photograph of their own in question?

... as I am a contest photo entry myself, and have never asked anyone to vote for me. Be it if my picture is crap or not.

Deleted User 6

PM's are different than a sig pic imo. As long as the sig isn't huge and obnoxious (basic sig rules), i don't care. A PM sends me an email, pops up at the top of my screen, and requires me to go in and check it. More invasive.

My opinion: Innocent until proven guilty.

I highly doubt that there was a, "real" private message sent with an member showing scantily clad pictures to gain votes.

That wouldn't make me vote for them that would make me say SWEET thanks :D

... as I am a contest photo entry myself, and have never asked anyone to vote for me. Be it if my picture is crap or not.

I agree the POTM is what people think is the best photo based on the category not who is more popular or doing it cause of friendships.

1fishmonger

I don't even know where to vote but it's all yours. lol

I find that I am better at picking out which photos I don't like vs. picking out the best one. They should allow thumbs up/thumbs down.

surgicalsense
PM's are different than a sig pic imo. As long as the sig isn't huge and obnoxious (basic sig rules), i don't care. A PM sends me an email, pops up at the top of my screen, and requires me to go in and check it. More invasive.

PM's are only different than a signature because your entitled to your opinion. Soliciting is soliciting and you can not change the definition of it. Be it if I am putting flyers on your car or on the door knob of your home, it is all the same.

This reads more like hacked spam and some hacking NR like they would FB, placing ads on someones page, however on this site it would only be affective through a PM. correction on mybehalf, I did misread your statement: Then change your personal setting on nanoreef just has I have, that will obviously not happen anymore, duh.

Well now this is different information and additional information. Kat noted that, "some people" were sending PM's with partical nude pictures for votes.

... reads to me like, someone has started bs drama.

If there were nudes...I demand to see them!!! No votes shall be given for said nudes though. Bonus points for erect nipples though >_>

Deleted User 6
PM's are only different than a signature because your entitled to your opinion. Soliciting is soliciting and you can not change the definition of it. Be it if I am putting flyers on your car or on the door knob of your home, it is all the same.

wat?

in your example a sig pic would be the equivalent of an ad in the paper. not a flyer on a door. the flyer would be the PM. it's invasive.

PM's are only different than a signature because your entitled to your opinion. Soliciting is soliciting and you can not change the definition of it.

There is a difference between putting a banner on your page and people can chose to look at it or not. Much like a "Vote for me sign" during an election year.

Soliciting over PM is active campaigning and is no better than a politician calling you at home asking for your vote. I dont want it and I didn't ask for it. Of course you can ignore or delete the PM much like not answering the phone, but its still an annoyance. Especially PM'ing random people.

CM, thanks for removing those pictures. Kat already has around 30 votes or so!

Also, FlCandy is a girl :mellow:

surgicalsense
If there were nudes...I demand to see them!!! No votes shall be given for said nudes though. Bonus points for erect nipples though >_>

... the true quote was, "half clad" now in my context I noted, nudi. But, at this point the accusation isn't any different.

Many forget it is as simple as nr accounts being reviewed for their activity.

CM, thanks for removing those pictures. Kat already has around 30 votes or so!

Also, FlCandy is a girl :mellow:

WOW

and Flcandy is a girl!?

hehe

Vote for me.

No PMs, but I got these cheeseburgers man.

cheeseburgers.jpg

DUDE i have coke all over my keyboard and screen now lol

surgicalsense
There is a difference between putting a banner on your page and people can chose to look at it or not. Much like a "Vote for me sign" during an election year.

Soliciting over PM is active campaigning and is no better than a politician calling you at home asking for your vote. I didn't ask for it. I dont want it. I didn't ask for it. Of course you can ignore or delete the PM much like not answering the phone, but its still an annoyance. Especially PM'ing random people.

... again, keeping the flyer on your signature for all to see. "Look at me, vote for my POTM" it isn't different is the same. But, you can look at this which ever your choose too.

This is personal opinion and that is all cool.

See, you have a real picture. Nice color, great looking subject. There is no chance in hell you should not be in first place so you have another vote.

Thank you so much

Both photos have been removed from the contest.

thanks Christopher.

Archived