ReefCleaners.org

stomatella snail?

Thornchase

Crap... I took the other one out when i first saw it and placed it in a rubbermaid with LR... Cant find it now

Crap... I took the other one out when i first saw it and placed it in a rubbermaid with LR... Cant find it now

I can tell you that I never knew I had any and I bought the LR from someone more than a year ago. Had a terrible bout with GHA, nitrates and phosphates which killed most of snails and hermits I had and corals.

Recently after getting everything under control now and everything is thriving again, I saw some shell less snails that I thought was the snails I that shedded it shells like what hermits did a few times.

Now I see them from time to time but when I siphon the bare bottom glass I see their little shells on their back so I don't know if htey shed that or died.

They are very cool. I have two of them that I know of. The first time I saw mine it was OMG, WTF, GTFO! Then I found out what they were.

I think mine spawned last week. They were sort of facing each other and blowing white milky stuff towards each other. Hope I don't end up with an infestation, lol

They are very cool. I have two of them that I know of. The first time I saw mine it was OMG, WTF, GTFO! Then I found out what they were.

I think mine spawned last week. They were sort of facing each other and blowing white milky stuff towards each other. Hope I don't end up with an infestation, lol

LOL yeah i had the same though! I thought it was a baby shell less snail!

Gotta love good HH. ;)

I bet the other one in is a hole in the LR and hiding. Put something food wise in there and watch him come running!

Archived