SaltCritters.com

Chemipure leaked

Vortex

sorta... today I noticed (again) some black dust on my sandbed and the only thing I could think of was the chemipure elite since its black. I removed the CPE right away and have just the purigen in there. all I have are some soft corals and a feather duster.

so how bad is this?

your water will light on fire!!! lol jk you should be fine just check that none of your corals ate any of it.

heck yeah!!!! underwater fire!! now I just gotta find a way to frag it and make some real $$!!

that happen to me afew months back.took it out found it became unsewed at the bottom.no problems with cooral or fish.I learned how to sew that day

lol..sounds good..

as for it being in the water...I kinda figured but I panicked anyway...any potential issue for the future snails that will roll in the chemipure?

aha! maybe ill have a new super breed of snails!!! lol

lol..sounds good..

as for it being in the water...I kinda figured but I panicked anyway...any potential issue for the future snails that will roll in the chemipure?

aha! maybe ill have a new super breed of snails!!! lol

They may turn green and start screaming Hulk Smash, but otherwise you should be fine. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me today. A lot different though, too make a long story short I wanted to Exchange the chemipure elite for that sponge in the return chamber of my biocube 14. Needless to say I pulled the sponge out and started placing in the chemipure bag, only I freaking forgot to rinse the Damn bag!!!!! My tank was immediately blackened... I turned off all of the lights, did a 20% water change a replaced the mechanical filter and have been finding it off every 2 hrs. I will be doing another 10-20% water change in the morning too. Man do I feel dumb. I just hope that my corals and fish will be ok. The tank is pretty much back to normal now...

Archived