7 replies to this topic

Vortex

Vortex

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 14 Feb 2012
  • NM

sorta... today I noticed (again) some black dust on my sandbed and the only thing I could think of was the chemipure elite since its black. I removed the CPE right away and have just the purigen in there. all I have are some soft corals and a feather duster.

so how bad is this?

Edited by Vortex, 19 March 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Alkamist

Alkamist

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • Joined 11 Jul 2010
  • Goleta, CA
your water will light on fire!!! lol jk you should be fine just check that none of your corals ate any of it.

Vortex

Vortex

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 14 Feb 2012
  • NM

your water will light on fire!!! lol jk you should be fine just check that none of your corals ate any of it.

heck yeah!!!! underwater fire!! now I just gotta find a way to frag it and make some real $$!!

Edited by Vortex, 19 March 2012 - 01:09 PM.

inkman413

inkman413

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 13 May 2011
  • Chicopee,Ma
that happen to me afew months back.took it out found it became unsewed at the bottom.no problems with cooral or fish.I learned how to sew that day

StevieT

StevieT

☼ StevieTree ☼

• Premium Members
  • 29,778 posts
  • Joined 29 Jan 2007
  • Menomonee Falls, WI
It's in the water already, just out of sight.

Edited by StevieT, 19 March 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Vortex

Vortex

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 14 Feb 2012
  • NM
lol..sounds good..

as for it being in the water...I kinda figured but I panicked anyway...any potential issue for the future snails that will roll in the chemipure?

aha! maybe ill have a new super breed of snails!!! lol

FlCandy

FlCandy

Tag Your It

• Members
  • 8,751 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2011
  • Arden, NC

lol..sounds good..

as for it being in the water...I kinda figured but I panicked anyway...any potential issue for the future snails that will roll in the chemipure?

aha! maybe ill have a new super breed of snails!!! lol

They may turn green and start screaming Hulk Smash, but otherwise you should be fine. ;)

lucky38422

lucky38422

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 07 Feb 2012
  • Arizona
This happened to me today. A lot different though, too make a long story short I wanted to Exchange the chemipure elite for that sponge in the return chamber of my biocube 14. Needless to say I pulled the sponge out and started placing in the chemipure bag, only I freaking forgot to rinse the Damn bag!!!!! My tank was immediately blackened... I turned off all of the lights, did a 20% water change a replaced the mechanical filter and have been finding it off every 2 hrs. I will be doing another 10-20% water change in the morning too. Man do I feel dumb. I just hope that my corals and fish will be ok. The tank is pretty much back to normal now...