inTank Media Baskets

Painting tank again..

andrewguilfoy

andrewguilfoy

I have a 25g cube with krylon fusion on the back. I re-did some plumbing and scratched a couple specs off. Now there are dots :(. I had a bad experience trying to fix my last tank using the spray paint on a brush, and painting while it was filled. And it bubbled, and I had to drain that tank and repaint the entire back.

Would it bubble if I just painted over it with regular black latex instead of the fusion on a brush?

someone told me last post I made a while back filled tanks will give you the bubble effect with spray paints, why does that happen?

just curious if the regular latex would work okay since it does not use thinners like spray in its composition.

I have a 25g cube with krylon fusion on the back. I re-did some plumbing and scratched a couple specs off. Now there are dots :(. I had a bad experience trying to fix my last tank using the spray paint on a brush, and painting while it was filled. And it bubbled, and I had to drain that tank and repaint the entire back.

Would it bubble if I just painted over it with regular black latex?

I have a glass tank that gets scuffs when im cleaning on the back where i painted but i just do touch up with normal house paint and it does fine just takes longer to dry for some reason.

andrewguilfoy

well yeah, regular latex will.. at least compared to the spray. Thanks man for the input.. Anyone else do touch ups to the back of their tanks filled?

Archived