Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Krylon Fusioin

Primitive

I spray painted the back and bottom of my glass tank. I did this at around 2:30 so 5 hours ago and the paint seems dry but when I touch it it leaves residue on my fingers! The paint said it dries in 15 min. so I am confused and don't know what to do. Is there some sort of sealent I should add? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks

Could just be some dust. You could gently wipe it down with a tack rag, or even a slightly damp cloth. However, I'd probably let it dry overnight before wiping it down.

Could just be some dust. You could gently wipe it down with a tack rag, or even a slightly damp cloth. However, I'd probably let it dry overnight before wiping it down.

Yeah, same thing happened to me (and I let it dry longer)

I would wait 24hrs then wipe it

The directions on the back say you can recoat within 24 hours or after 7 days. So within 24 hours it still isnt fully dry. It will become bonded to the surface and fully cured after a week. Just wait the suggested time.

I recently used it to paint some pipe fittings black. They were still slightly tacky after a few hours. Eventually the paint fully bonded to the plastic and it feels like the fittings were always black to begin with.

Archived