inTank Media Baskets

AP12 Glass top or DIY top

tibbsy07

I had a glass lid for my Aquapod 12g but it broke recently and I can't find another one anywhere. I know the tank was discontinued and I know that it'll be difficult to find something for it. I technically have the original hood but I have a Sunpod 150W MH and am planning on going to a DIY LED system soon. I'd really like to NOT have to use the whole hood, if I can help it as I have a fuge in the rear chambers and all that.

Any ideas on where I can get a new glass lid or does anyone have any tips for a DIY top?

I found one at tap plastics, local plastic acrylic shop. Luckily it was in the discounted scrap bin. Make sure to measure knowing that the front lip curves and how much open clearance in the back for hob equip. There is some +/- in the length with the little lip that holds it up. Make sure to take into account and also bring a tape measure if u r digging in the scrap bin.

For what its worth I have the aquastyles LED kit built inside the stock hood as well as a cheato refugium in chamber 2 of my AP12. Looks great.

did u decide on a DIY led kit??

im also looking for a DIY led kit for my 12g aquapod

Yes I used the 300mm x 180mm 14LED kit from aquastyleonline.com It came with an extra white and a blue LED so I used them for a total of 16 LED. On that heat sink it fit very well inside the stock hood. The heat was minimal that I didn't have use any fans so it's quieter. Everything looks great and it has opened my tank up to new corals.

Archived