Top Shelf Aquatics

Thoughts on JBJ Unibody?

rick4him

I'm looking at replacing my 150 watt m/h 2x65 PC light with a JBJ Unibody light. Our LFS sells a lot of different brands, and they said for my 34 gallon Solana this would be a great light. Just wanted to see what you guys think an if there is a better value out there. This light runs 379.

Thanks.

AI sol because the sol nano is not going to be powerfull enough for keeping SPS in a larger aquarium than a 20 gallons.

The JBJ is 54 watt, the AI sol is 72 watt, the nano is only 34 watt I think, not enough.

But the AI sol are so damn ugly....hmmm...so damn ugly!

At that price I would get the AI nano or Sol.

I run a kessil, great light for $220+$30 mount from hydrogalaxy.com

AI sol because the sol nano is not going to be powerfull enough for keeping SPS in a larger aquarium than a 20 gallons.

The JBJ is 54 watt, the AI sol is 72 watt, the nano is only 34 watt I think, not enough.

But the AI sol are so damn ugly....hmmm...so damn ugly!

Ai Nano Is more than capable of keeping SPS in something bigger than a 20g. It's all dimensional anyway.

Yes ok for 20 gallons but I don't think it will be for a 34 gallons tank, not for SPS anyway, not unless you only want to put the SPS underneat the fixture only. What will happen is the side will be poorly lit. The spread on the JBJ is better and it is stronger than a AI nano.

You're right, it's all dimensional, but it is also all dependant on what people want to keep as a coral and how much of it they want. Some people put a pile of liverock dead in the center of the aquarium and that's it, some other have 2 iles aquascapes and for those one nano sol is not going to cut it with a 36" tank.

BTW, the JBJ can be found for 350$ shipping included, so that might be a better deal. Check google for those prices, as many site are shipping it for free with better price.

Ai Nano Is more than capable of keeping SPS in something bigger than a 20g. It's all dimensional anyway.

Archived