Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kazooie's Contest Tank

Kazooie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I really like them too! :) I've been searching Zoaid for a name on them, because it makes my life easier to know them, but I can't find one. I'll keep looking, but by next week I'll just give them a name.

can we get a picture of your light setup please :D

Sure, I can get one up sometime this weekend. Not to disappoint you though, its just the stock Deco light at the moment. I'm planning to get the LED fixture together this weekend. ;)

Blue Magicians?

I don't think so, the blue magician's seem to have a bit of purple/red in them where's mine don't. Thanks though! :)

devilsadvocate
Sure, I can get one up sometime this weekend. Not to disappoint you though, its just the stock Deco light at the moment. I'm planning to get the LED fixture together this weekend. ;)

ohh, i thought you already had it made.

Builder Anthony

Hmm pretty nice.A little green in them also but the blue really kicks on those.They should be pretty fast growers....faster then zoas anyways.

ohh, i thought you already had it made.

Nah, but I did hang one bulb up to see how strong they are yesterday. So far nothing is reaching, and colors are nice. I'll definitely be adding a second though, to get more light for me to see by. :)

Hmm pretty nice.A little green in them also but the blue really kicks on those.They should be pretty fast growers....faster then zoas anyways.

Yep, I'm really hoping to have a lot of the rock work just for them.

In other news, I added a small colony of micro-nuc's from my 20L because they weren't looking too happy.

Got the LED bulbs on today. Instead of getting something build and not have it look beautiful, I just got two clamp-on dome lamps from Home Depot and took the domes off. They actually look pretty good! :)

FTS up tomarrow! :)

IMG_1825.jpg

So I saw that coral at my lfs and I was all like "Ahh cool, I wanna get that!". But then I realized it was bigger that my tank already. :lol:

I know it's not really recommended at all, but would it be possible to add a clown goby in addition to the neon goby? I'm doing 25% waterchanges every week now. As far as I can tell, neither would be aggressive to each other either, and I'm going to have to move the neon eventually anyways... Would that be crossing the line? Because I could live without it, but it would be a neat addition if I could. :)

looking excellent Kazoo, that top leather/soft coral really works well as the focal point.

looking excellent Kazoo, that top leather/soft coral really works well as the focal point.

Thanks! Maybe one day mine will equal your's in awesomeness! :)

I think I spotted a whale in the tank earlier, but I'm not entirely sure. What else could look like a whale? :lol:

On a more serious note, the blastos are making a recovery. :)

FTS

IMG_1819.jpg

FES

IMG_1820.jpg

Eventually I'll get good at taking them!

looks great! what is the purple/blue coral middle left?

i thought the same until they started choking out all of the other coral in my tank--in a 3 gal that will especially be a problem

you could just put them on their own rock so they cant spread

dont say i didnt warn you though! :flower:

(but srsly looking real good--i like all the colors!)

looks great! what is the purple/blue coral middle left?

Thanks! That's just an acan, it's open a lot more now though! :)

i thought the same until they started choking out all of the other coral in my tank--in a 3 gal that will especially be a problem

you could just put them on their own rock so they cant spread

dont say i didnt warn you though! :flower:

(but srsly looking real good--i like all the colors!)

I'm not too worried, the only corals I would mind being killed would be the sunny d's, nuclears, acan, and blastos, and they are not even close! :lol: Thanks!

I'll get a fts up probably tomorrow.

Tank is look great!!

Can't wait for a new FTS

Thanks! :)

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

I swear the camera said the lens was in focus. <_<

Archived