Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kazooie's Contest Tank

Kazooie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and now that I can officially add livestock, I'll announce the fish I'm moving in tomorrow. A small, baby hippo tang. Don't jump on me, the guy at the lfs said it'd be good for a couple months, and I can always take him back if I need too.

Oh, and now that I can officially add livestock, I'll announce the fish I'm moving in tomorrow. A small, baby hippo tang. Don't jump on me, the guy at the lfs said it'd be good for a couple months, and I can always take him back if I need too.

Haha, just because it's a baby and it's smaller, that doesn't mean it needs less room to swim...You're gonna get flamed sooooo bad...I can already hear the sirens...lol

Haha, just because it's a baby and it's smaller, that doesn't mean it needs less room to swim...You're gonna get flamed sooooo bad...I can already hear the sirens...lol

I was hoping for more response, but oh well. :l

APRIL FOOLS BR omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Islandoftiki

Looks great! Can you post a larger picture? That one would look good on a postage stamp, but we want more detail! :-)

Looks great! Can you post a larger picture? That one would look good on a postage stamp, but we want more detail! :-)

Thanks! I had to set up a Flikr account, so hopefully this works:

6912348716_20e4f813e6_b.jpg

Now that looks good! Flickr is great, it's what I use.

Thanks! I'm so used to photobucket, so it was weird. I couldn't find the button to give mt the IMG code, so I had to right-click and use that instead. :mellow:

If you haven't already figured it out, click on the image and then click Share in the upper left corner of the image. Make sure it's the BB code, then copy all that text and paste it into your post.

Hmm, I guess that makes sense. Hopefully I can go back to photobucket soon though.

Having a hard time deciding how I'm going to hand the lights. They're the skrew-in type Chinese LED's. I want to do some kind of desklamp that will hold at least 2 of them.

I really like it. The rockscape and that kenya tree look really nice.

Thanks, I like how it looks as well. But my favorite part of the kenya tree is how it hides some of the equipment!

IMG_1682.jpg

My LED Chinese bulbs got here, I like them.

The first thing I did was take the optics off, because I really don't want to hang them 3+ feet over the tank. I'll cut a piece of thin acrylic to cover the holes eventually.

IMG_1684.jpg

The color's pretty nice, that is over a piece of paper. It's really blue, with just a dash of yellow up close. But when it is a little farther back, it has a color that I'm having a hard time comparing. Now I just have to figure out how to hang 2 or 4.

wow i like the neon goby i will most likely get one this fall for my nano

They're really nice looking and peaceful, but you'll have to replace it eventually. Saw one that was like 4 inches at the Denver Downtown Aquarium last year.

Still can't take a good FTS :fail:

IMG_1723.jpg

Builder Anthony

can you try to get a few closeup shots of those blue polyps?What type of light are you takeing photos under?

Sure, I'll do that tomarrow. Under the stock Tom's Deco lighting, but the lfs had them under LED's, MH, and T5's and they all stayed about the same color-wise. Any particular reason our asking? :)

Builder Anthony

well i dont think ive seen them before.They look real blue and was wondering if that was from lights or if it was natural.They look really nice.

Sure, I'll do that tomarrow. Under the stock Tom's Deco lighting, but the lfs had them under LED's, MH, and T5's and they all stayed about the same color-wise. Any particular reason our asking? :)

I had some of those also, They stayed blue for a few weeks, then turned green-ish, then a brown/tan color. I got them because I never seen any Palys like that before.

well i dont think ive seen them before.They look real blue and was wondering if that was from lights or if it was natural.They look really nice.

I think they're naturally that color, there wasn't any color change at the lfs.

I had some of those also, They stayed blue for a few weeks, then turned green-ish, then a brown/tan color. I got them because I never seen any Palys like that before.

Are you sure these are the same? I'm asking because my lfs has had these growing on the egg crate of the frag tanks for close to two years now, and they've always looked the same. Maybe it was a water quality change in your tank?

Anyways, sorry for the delay, I was too lazy to go get a picture yesterday. This time I got out the tripod, turned off the flow, ect. I'll have to start doing that from now on, because the pictures came out 80% better I think.

IMG_1736.jpg

That's how they look in person. :) Pretty good deal of 7+ polyps for $15.

Archived