Top Shelf Aquatics

NANO CUBE 29 gallon has ICH please help!

Kidluvsole

my tank has ich my blue tang and i see some of my other fish is rubbing there body on the rock, what medication do you guys recommend for this? i have a reef aquarium, still new would like to know what is the best for this? what should i do first in tomorrow morning? will a cleaner shrimp help? and what medication should i put since i know the ich is probably in the water, when i use the medication should i remove the chemi pure and purigen? OHH man super streeess.. thank you for helping me out..

Reefmaster1996
You need to remove the tang

You can try ich attack it's reef safe and some have expierienced great results, but the best would be to quarintine.Also yes you do have to remove carbon with this medication. Good luck.

i bought kick ich today, the LFS recommend it.. on the bottle it doesn't say for me to do water changes, should i do water changes within a couple of days just to keep the tank level good? if not the medication takes 15 days, so i would have to change my water than, i just don't want me corals to die due to high levels..

Reefmaster1996
i bought kick ich today, the LFS recommend it.. on the bottle it doesn't say for me to do water changes, should i do water changes within a couple of days just to keep the tank level good? if not the medication takes 15 days, so i would have to change my water than, i just don't want me corals to die due to high levels..

If it is reef safe, it is reef safe, if not you will kill corals. Also +1 to Quarintining with copper.

I went through the same thing last year. Best thing to do is set up a cheap quarantine tank and treat with copper.

+1 I had the same horrible expierence last year and have since quarintined every fish that I buy before they enter my main display.

trippinsting

i just had an outbreak last month.. prior i used ich -attack.. kinda works.. but makes the tank water smell...

the recent outbreak. i decided not to use it. and the outbreak spread too fast. so sadly i lost all my fish..

so now its fish-less for the next 8+ weeks... and during this time, im setting up my QT tank.

i know youre stressed. i was too.. but it all depends if you want the the band aid. or actually getting rid of the ich..

You need to remove the tang

There is a lot of truth in this statement.

In the beginning, (6 years ago), I had a yellow eye kole tang in my BC29. It was a juvenile and over a short period of time, it grew. This fish became an "ich magnet", stressed because it didn't have enough room. Soon, my other fish, a pair of balck clownfish, got it and died. Needless to say I got rid of it.

I have used Kick Ich with success, you do need to follow directions. No carbon, no skimmer during the treatment period. You may to repeat the process depending on how serious the ich is. After, the treatment period, do a water change. No harm to any of my corals or inverts, I even had a clam and no problems.

i just had an outbreak last month.. prior i used ich -attack.. kinda works.. but makes the tank water smell...

the recent outbreak. i decided not to use it. and the outbreak spread too fast. so sadly i lost all my fish..

so now its fish-less for the next 8+ weeks... and during this time, im setting up my QT tank.

i know youre stressed. i was too.. but it all depends if you want the the band aid. or actually getting rid of the ich..

I want to get rid of it.... so I'm following the direction on kick ich hopefully it works, its slowly working...

When ever someone said they used a reef safe med with success is because they are still infected with ick except that it is a low level infection and only on the gills. NO reef safe treatment work and the ick will come back eventually, especially with a tang in a 29 gallons tank asking for disaster...disaster will come.

And then every fish you add will get Ick and the tank will break out again and again until you treat him and run the tank empty for 6-8 weeks.

altolamprologus

Yeah dude, seriously, you need to listen to the advice given to you. Quarantine the fish and treat with copper. Then when the fish are healthy, return the tang and whatever other fish you have in there that don't belong.

• 1 month later...
And then every fish you add will get Ick and the tank will break out again and again until you treat him and run the tank empty for 6-8 weeks.

When you run the tank fishless for 6-8 weeks can you do water change?

altolamprologus
When you run the tank fishless for 6-8 weeks can you do water change?

Yes

Archived