Photo

anyone play silly games with there fish?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

Coral Trader

• Members
  • 3,441 posts
  • Joined 30 Jan 2011
  • Appleton Wisconsin

i kind of had this yellow clown goby for around a year its not scared of me and ill chase it around with my finger.it swims around and i circle my finger around the top of a leather coral at the waterline while shes on the otherside then proceed to chase it around again.so anyone play any games with there fish.
Anthonys 5 Gallon
Pictures
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=267313

matth6761

matth6761

Matt

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 18 Sep 2009
  • Redding, CA
I can pet my clown fish.

Posted Image

seabass

seabass

Do I look serious?

• Premium Members
  • 12,294 posts
  • Joined 03 Jun 2003
  • The American Heartland
Well...not as fun; however, I had a clownfish that used to bite me whenever I had my hand in the tank and wasn't looking directly at her. :angry: I tried to chase her with my hand, but could never scare her into stopping.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

keydiver

keydiver

dedicated macro man

• Members
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined 14 Aug 2010
  • miami, FL

Well...not as fun; however, I had a clownfish that used to bite me whenever I had my hand in the tank and wasn't looking directly at her. :angry: I tried to chase her with my hand, but could never scare her into stopping.

I do the exact same thing with mine. If i'm not paying attention she bites hard as crap. If i'm looking at her, she just hovers around my hand like it's all good. I try to establish dominance over her by flicking her in the nose when she goes in for the bite, but it just makes her even more hostile :angry: . D@mn fish won't get the best of me!
Posted Image

57g Rimless Reef
29 biocube (Decommissioned- Moved into 57g rimless)
20 gal macro tank (Decommissioned- Absorbed by 40g rimless lagoon tank)
40g rimless high tech planted FW tank (Now the 40g lagoon tank)
Keydivers Exo Terra PDF vivarium

jm82792

jm82792

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • Joined 10 Mar 2008
  • Hamakua Cost,Hawaii (Big Island)
Mine used to bite me until I'd flick them back.
Now they don't bite me :(

Posted Image

Well you'll always have opportunities to pay bills,
but your window for a vortech GB comes around only occasionally

My Feedback
http://www.nano-reef...amp;hl=feedback

My 29 Gallon Reef

And........
My Accelerated College Education Website
Get that college credit cheap and quick!
I've earned 59 credits for under $3,000 with college testing.

Cnebo

Cnebo

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 30 Jan 2012
  • Glenville, NY

I do the exact same thing with mine. If i'm not paying attention she bites hard as crap. If i'm looking at her, she just hovers around my hand like it's all good. I try to establish dominance over her by flicking her in the nose when she goes in for the bite, but it just makes her even more hostile :angry: . D@mn fish won't get the best of me!

+1

My clown does the same exact thing.. I always have to chase her around the tank to get her to stop, but she still manages to land a good bite. Once she launched herself at me and flew completely out of my tank. My firefish looked at her like "I thought I was the jumper".. I thought she learnt her lesson, but she still manages to terrorize me. Although she has toned it down lately.

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati
I taught my starry blenny prop comedy, his timing was terrible though.

Posted Image

Doliver

Doliver

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 18 May 2010
I play the "For the love of god, don't die." Game. Overall, I'm losing :(

Kazooie

Kazooie

Sing to me now, my angel of music

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
Sometimes I'll punch my firefish in the face just for the fun of it.

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.
Enjoy not posting you giant neckbeard looooser.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

seabass

seabass

Do I look serious?

• Premium Members
  • 12,294 posts
  • Joined 03 Jun 2003
  • The American Heartland
It's been posted before, but seems appropriate here:

Posted Image
Fish School Training

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

Phyllognathia ceratophthalma

• Members
  • 2,344 posts
  • Joined 19 Nov 2009
  • Michigan
I play grab the peppermint shrimp when they won't stop picking at my hand.
My Tanks:
29g Lagoon

29g Reef

25g Tidepool
My Bongo Shrimp Want to Eat Your Starfish.

Posted Image Posted Image Follow me on Twitter! @ArchetypeMarine

Click here to learn how to fight back if your photos are stolen.

devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate

teen reefer

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
  • Joined 17 Nov 2011
  • Manassas Virginia

I taught my starry blenny prop comedy, his timing was terrible though.

lul.

Sometimes I'll punch my firefish in the face just for the fun of it.

gotta keep youre b!tches in line.

Veng

Veng

Disaster Inc.

• Members
  • 5,754 posts
  • Joined 06 Jan 2012
My Clown plays poker, it's not that good though, every time it bluffs it starts swimming around like crazy.
The 20L Adventure, with tanks, puppies, a wife, and cakes!
DIY Custom Acrylic Shallow Sump Have a question about one of my DIYs? Send me a PM, or post in my tank thread.

basser1

basser1

Nano Reefer Old Fart

• Members
  • 5,145 posts
  • Joined 28 Jul 2006
  • So. Indiana

I play the "For the love of god, don't die." Game. Overall, I'm losing :(

LOL!! Love this one!

I had a bluespot jawfish that would act like it was going to bite me whenever I would put my hands in the tank to do some maintenance. So I would see just how "bad" he was and would put my index finger near his burrow. He would open his mouth wide open and act like he was going to bite, but would disappear in his tunnel! What a wuss! :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

PwnMe

PwnMe

What smells better? Xenia or dead bodies?

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 18 Jan 2012
My Clownfish needs to get in the way while I'm scraping the coralline algae off the sides of my tank. He'll get in front of the credit card and I'll grab him in my hand. Then I let him go and he'll come back and continue all over.

asting

asting

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined 31 Jul 2009
  • Cleveland, OH
And I thought i was the only one who flicked his clowns. It was only the female that bit though.

czdiver

czdiver

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 22 Jan 2012
I have a YCG that eats brine shrimp right off of my finger but I would never think of chasing him around the tank. I'm going to pick up a pair of Ocellaris clowns that I pre-purchased 2 1/2 weeks ago. Sure hope I don't have a problem with them biting me because I still have a lot of aquascaping to do in my tank. I'm hoping that, if I continue to feed by putting shrimp on my finger and then putting my finger into the tank, they'll see my hand as a good thing.

asting

asting

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined 31 Jul 2009
  • Cleveland, OH

I have a YCG that eats brine shrimp right off of my finger but I would never think of chasing him around the tank. I'm going to pick up a pair of Ocellaris clowns that I pre-purchased 2 1/2 weeks ago. Sure hope I don't have a problem with them biting me because I still have a lot of aquascaping to do in my tank. I'm hoping that, if I continue to feed by putting shrimp on my finger and then putting my finger into the tank, they'll see my hand as a good thing.

Or they'll associate it with food and bite.

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,559 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
I play "here fishy here fishy" :rolleyes:

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac