Top Shelf Aquatics

anyone play silly games with there fish?

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

i kind of had this yellow clown goby for around a year its not scared of me and ill chase it around with my finger.it swims around and i circle my finger around the top of a leather coral at the waterline while shes on the otherside then proceed to chase it around again.so anyone play any games with there fish.

Well...not as fun; however, I had a clownfish that used to bite me whenever I had my hand in the tank and wasn't looking directly at her. :angry: I tried to chase her with my hand, but could never scare her into stopping.

Well...not as fun; however, I had a clownfish that used to bite me whenever I had my hand in the tank and wasn't looking directly at her. :angry: I tried to chase her with my hand, but could never scare her into stopping.

I do the exact same thing with mine. If i'm not paying attention she bites hard as crap. If i'm looking at her, she just hovers around my hand like it's all good. I try to establish dominance over her by flicking her in the nose when she goes in for the bite, but it just makes her even more hostile :angry: . D@mn fish won't get the best of me!

I do the exact same thing with mine. If i'm not paying attention she bites hard as crap. If i'm looking at her, she just hovers around my hand like it's all good. I try to establish dominance over her by flicking her in the nose when she goes in for the bite, but it just makes her even more hostile :angry: . D@mn fish won't get the best of me!

+1

My clown does the same exact thing.. I always have to chase her around the tank to get her to stop, but she still manages to land a good bite. Once she launched herself at me and flew completely out of my tank. My firefish looked at her like "I thought I was the jumper".. I thought she learnt her lesson, but she still manages to terrorize me. Although she has toned it down lately.

devilsadvocate
I taught my starry blenny prop comedy, his timing was terrible though.

lul.

Sometimes I'll punch my firefish in the face just for the fun of it.

gotta keep youre b!tches in line.

I play the "For the love of god, don't die." Game. Overall, I'm losing :(

LOL!! Love this one!

I had a bluespot jawfish that would act like it was going to bite me whenever I would put my hands in the tank to do some maintenance. So I would see just how "bad" he was and would put my index finger near his burrow. He would open his mouth wide open and act like he was going to bite, but would disappear in his tunnel! What a wuss! :D

My Clownfish needs to get in the way while I'm scraping the coralline algae off the sides of my tank. He'll get in front of the credit card and I'll grab him in my hand. Then I let him go and he'll come back and continue all over.

I have a YCG that eats brine shrimp right off of my finger but I would never think of chasing him around the tank. I'm going to pick up a pair of Ocellaris clowns that I pre-purchased 2 1/2 weeks ago. Sure hope I don't have a problem with them biting me because I still have a lot of aquascaping to do in my tank. I'm hoping that, if I continue to feed by putting shrimp on my finger and then putting my finger into the tank, they'll see my hand as a good thing.

I have a YCG that eats brine shrimp right off of my finger but I would never think of chasing him around the tank. I'm going to pick up a pair of Ocellaris clowns that I pre-purchased 2 1/2 weeks ago. Sure hope I don't have a problem with them biting me because I still have a lot of aquascaping to do in my tank. I'm hoping that, if I continue to feed by putting shrimp on my finger and then putting my finger into the tank, they'll see my hand as a good thing.

Or they'll associate it with food and bite.

Archived