Innovative Marine Aquariums

Debris floating in the solana

do_0b

Hey guys,

So I have a solana and it has a bunch of debris floating in the display tank. Am I suppose to have the water low enough that the 1st chamber fills into the 2nd chamber?

I currently have a tunze skimmer 9002 and intank media basket with chemi pure chaeto and poly filter at the top of the basket. Any suggestion?

Hey guys,

So I have a solana and it has a bunch of debris floating in the display tank. Am I suppose to have the water low enough that the 1st chamber fills into the 2nd chamber?

I currently have a tunze skimmer 9002 and intank media basket with chemi pure chaeto and poly filter at the top of the basket. Any suggestion?

I keep mine full enough that the water is above the 1st chamber wall that way I dont hear the water fall sound. The sponge in the overflow should be collecting the debri. I too have the Tunze 9002.

I keep mine full enough that the water is above the 1st chamber wall that way I dont hear the water fall sound. The sponge in the overflow should be collecting the debri. I too have the Tunze 9002.

i got the sponge too in the overflow with the in tank foam holder but still see debris floating in the display tank....dont know what to do :angry:

shaneandjohn

Here is what we have and has worked very well for us so far. We keep our water level a little bit higher than everyone else we have seen. We have the Tunze in the first chamber and the InTank Media basketin the second chamber. Top basket has 2 pcs of Filter Floss. We get the Cut To Fit Floss and all of our other supplies from InTank. When we cut the Floss, We cut it oversized so it is really crammed in the basket. Chemi-Pure Elite in the second basket and Purigen at the Bottom. We run the stock return pump,But have been considering other options for a better turn over.

Our water level is kept so there is about 3 inches left in the rear chambers. This way we Eliminate the waterfall noise. We Also have the Foam Holder but we have found it clogs very quickly. We don't use any Floss in the Overflow anymore. By doubling up the Floss in the top of the basket it's just like having the extra floss. We do change our floss like clockwork, Every other day,without fail.We will throw out the Top layer and then insert the new piece on the bottom,moving the bottom piece to the top. We do weekly water changes of about 6 or 7 gallons. We never have to dose this way and are able to Maintain Spot On levels.

Calcium @ 420

Magnesium @ 1350

DKH @ 9.5 ( or very close to that )

We run our salinity at 1.025

This system has worked very well for us! The tank is now 15 months

We have excellent growth and polyp extension.

Sorry for such a long post but this has worked very well for us and hopefuly will be a help to others.

Here is what we have and has worked very well for us so far. We keep our water level a little bit higher than everyone else we have seen. We have the Tunze in the first chamber and the InTank Media basketin the second chamber. Top basket has 2 pcs of Filter Floss. We get the Cut To Fit Floss and all of our other supplies from InTank. When we cut the Floss, We cut it oversized so it is really crammed in the basket. Chemi-Pure Elite in the second basket and Purigen at the Bottom. We run the stock return pump,But have been considering other options for a better turn over.

Our water level is kept so there is about 3 inches left in the rear chambers. This way we Eliminate the waterfall noise. We Also have the Foam Holder but we have found it clogs very quickly. We don't use any Floss in the Overflow anymore. By doubling up the Floss in the top of the basket it's just like having the extra floss. We do change our floss like clockwork, Every other day,without fail.We will throw out the Top layer and then insert the new piece on the bottom,moving the bottom piece to the top. We do weekly water changes of about 6 or 7 gallons. We never have to dose this way and are able to Maintain Spot On levels.

Calcium @ 420

Magnesium @ 1350

DKH @ 9.5 ( or very close to that )

We run our salinity at 1.025

This system has worked very well for us! The tank is now 15 months

We have excellent growth and polyp extension.

Sorry for such a long post but this has worked very well for us and hopefuly will be a help to others.

can you post a picture of the rear chambers?

shaneandjohn

Unfortunatly the tank sits so close to the wall that I am unable to get a good clear picture. I have had many requests when I try to explain what we have going on. I apologies and will be more than happy to try to explain anything as best as I can . You can look at the Current website for a clear picture of the back chambers and I can explain using that as a model, if that helps. :)

Archived