Coral Vue Hydros

Settings for LED lights?

ecogirl22

that shot has vastly more dynamic range than pretty much any cell phone FTS I've seen. Highlights aren't blown and shadows aren't crushed too badly. Nice.

Now just work on getting it in focus :P

Lol its a shame cause the software takes all three shots at the same time and decides it wants to focus on the closest object with no dof. It is what it is ya know. I was mainly trying to give ecogirl encouragement lol.

Hey Deck, any chance you are using a Galaxy Nexus to shoot those? If so, mind sharing your settings in Zoom FX ? :)

Yea I'm using the galaxy nexus - however I don't use zoom fx I use the stock camera app. Normally shoot at -1 exposure and use either action or party scene or daylight or cloudy white balance. I hardly use camera FX since I switched to the nexus. All above shots were taken using stock ICS camera app except the last which was taken with the app Pro HDR camera

Cool. Thanks.

I have Zoom FX (got it when it was free on amazon) but don't use it.

Normally I use stock with Cloudy white balance for LED. Never tried -1 exposure. May I ask what the advantage of using -1 would be?

Also, do you zoom in or take from a distance then crop?

The -1 exposure keeps more of the dynamic range instead of being washed out. And no I never crop I only zoom or put the camera right on the glass.

Archived