While it is incredibly beautiful and would give an amazing look to my tank, I'm extremely cautious because flower gardens are common places where pesticides are used. I don't need any organophosphates in my tank no matter how awesome the rock looks! However, I'm waiting to get in touch with an old chemistry professor to ask him if soaking the rock for a few weeks/months in a combination of zeolites and charcoal carbon might possibly draw out any organophosphate pesticides. Then of course, I'd go through the long process of soaking it in fresh water and then salt water to recure it.
Assuming I can clear out any toxic residues, can reef rock that has been out of the water for a LOOONG time be recured? Is there such thing as old reef rock being too petrified/calcified to cure?
Thanks in advance!!!