1 reply to this topic

gerbilbox

gerbilbox

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 27 Sep 2010
  • SF Bay Area, CA, USA

How long are the PAR30 bulbs expected to last before they should be replaced?

I've had mine for a few weeks right now and my corals seem to enjoy them much better than my T5s. I know the technology is still relatively young and they are projected to last for years before dimming too much. I have a long time to wait, but I wanted to get a rough idea when I should think replacing them. Thanks!

BoostLED

BoostLED

Community Sponsor

• Sponsor
  • 734 posts
  • Joined 11 Aug 2010
  • California

How long are the PAR30 bulbs expected to last before they should be replaced?

I've had mine for a few weeks right now and my corals seem to enjoy them much better than my T5s. I know the technology is still relatively young and they are projected to last for years before dimming too much. I have a long time to wait, but I wanted to get a rough idea when I should think replacing them. Thanks!

We're glad you are enjoy the PAR30 and that your corals are responding well to them. The LED's will lose about 30% of their total light output over about 10 years however this depends on multiple factors but a key point is ensuring that the LED's/diodes are properly and adequately cool. LED's can degrade quicker if they are used in a hot environment or with heatsinks that are not adequate to handle the heat produced by the LED's, etc.

Hope this helps...