Pod Your Reef

3 gallon Pico (REBORN)

jbb

That's a big rock, at least half the 3 gallons of water in displacement. This would be nice for a zoa garden possibly, just fill the rock with different varieties of zoas. Congrats.

That's a big rock, at least half the 3 gallons of water in displacement. This would be nice for a zoa garden possibly, just fill the rock with different varieties of zoas. Congrats.

Yeah its much bigger than I really wanted to go. There are so many good places to put coral I really couldn't pass it up. Maybe when I get pics with my real camera, the definition of the rock will actually show up.

OK so, I have been testing water daily looking for some signs of any potential cycle and have come up empty. Rock is about 5-6 years old and has been making the journey through all of my previous tanks. It has been wet the entire time so I'm not expecting much from that. My concern is that I used 100% new water , and about 2# of new carib-sea live sand. 1 week in, still no sign of diatoms or anything. SO, if my tests tomorrow show the same , I may add a few zoa frags this weekend and see how things go. I will continue testing and have things ready just in case I end up with a surprise cycle. I did add 5ml of MB7 on day one and again on day 4 , at an attempt to help with the bacteria population.

Let me know if you think, I may be jumping the gun here.

Thanks

Just made a deal with a local reefer and I will be picking up a few polyps of the following later in the week

superman

radioactive de

rainbow

Orange delight

sunny d

red halo

and

4 head orange aussie hammer

will have pics as soon as they arrive

Update FTS every time you get something. Makes it easier to see the progression.

update is coming, I have been at MACNA all weekend. Pics are coming for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Update, Pics, Please :)

I have ran into a nasty algae situation. Tank is running but empty, and dark for the moment. Will start moving things back in soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived