Cultivated Reef

display macroalgae for sale

keydiver

Hi everybody. I'm sure a lot of you have seen my previous FS thread for macros, but it was getting really cluttered up so I decided to make a new one. I hope this one is a little more organized.

Shipping
I ship all orders in a priority USPS 7x7x6 box. Shipping usually runs $5-$10, it all depends on your location. I insulate all my packages, bag macros individually and double bagged, and I have heat packs available if the weather is cold.

Refunds and DOA:
I offer full DOA guarantee if pictures are taken with a date stamp within 3 hours of the package arrival, and the weather conditions in your area permit. The conditions for DOA refunds or replacement for must follow these rules:

A. The weather is not below 60 degrees F
B. The weather is not above 95 degrees F
C. I get clear pictures within 3 HOURS of delivery. A pm telling me that your algae died 3 days after being in your tank is not a fault of mine, and though I will do my best to help you figure out the issues with your tank, I can't possibly guarantee that your tank is suitable for marine algae.

I have had very few DOA's, and the ones that did arrive in poor condition were refunded promptly. If there is an issue with transit, and USPS fails to deliver your package or damages the box, I will still give a 50% refund as I know we're all honest hobbyists. Any faultiness on USPS's part does not fall solely on the seller.

I will only offer live arrival on Ochtodes If you A. ship them via express mail, or B. The temperature in your area does not exceed 85 degrees. I have found that this macro absolutely hates the heat and does not do well in transit if it's hot.

Macros

Halymenia (dragons breath) - $15 for a 2-4 inch piece

Red grape (botryocladia)- $15 for a 8-10" inch potion with multiple branches

red titan- $15 for a 3" bundle

blue ochtodes- $20 for a golfball size (very limited right now)

Codium- $10 for a 3" bundle

feather caulerpa- $5 for a few 4-5" runner pieces with blades on them SOLD OUT

chameleon (codium lucasii)- $15 for a 1-2" piece (very limited) SOLD OUT

florida gracilaria (tikvahiae)- $6 for a 4-5" piece SOLD OUT

Gelidium sp. (cherry tree macro) $15 1-2" SOLD OUT

Euchema (red)- $15 for a 3" clipping

Iridescent blue fuchea- $20 for a 2" piece

Blue scroll- $15 for 1-2 caps SOLD OUT

Candy cane coral- $8 for 2-3 heads SOLD OUT

Pink birdsnest- $10 for 2" frag SOLD OUT

Other corals available PM me if you want to combine shipping on corals and algae

Here's some picture of stuff. The rest can be found in those threads

blue ochtodes
stuff025.jpg
stuff016-1.jpg

Fuchea
stuff018-1.jpg
stuff017-1.jpg

Blue scroll
stuff022.jpg

Red grape
stuff027.jpg

florida gracilaria
stuff021-1.jpg

dragons breath
stuff013.jpg
reefupdates161.jpg

LIVE amphipods 15 count for $10 1/8"-1/3"

Please pm me for any other details. Here is my previous thread for buyer feedback
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...3009&st=220

And my feedback thread
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=280466

Here are pictures of the tanks that macros will be coming out of
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...279463&st=0
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=249554

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bump, I reduced pricing on red grape and titan, I really need to get rid of some red grape so I can rescape my tank.

do you have any chaeto?

Loved our first transaction... i will do blue octodes, red grape and titan ONLY if i can get 2 baggies of chaeto.... really what i am looking for right now.

hit me with a pm.

Take it you know your macros! Long term my tank will be a seahorse tank. Any suggestions for a macro that will not overgrow my display tank rapidly and would be suitable for hitching posts?

do you have any chaeto?

Loved our first transaction... i will do blue octodes, red grape and titan ONLY if i can get 2 baggies of chaeto.... really what i am looking for right now.

hit me with a pm.

I can get a sandwich baggie stuffed with cheato, not sure if I could pull of two though. Let me know, I can definitely get one for yah.

Take it you know your macros! Long term my tank will be a seahorse tank. Any suggestions for a macro that will not overgrow my display tank rapidly and would be suitable for hitching posts?

Most of these macros are suited for displays. They grow much slower than the caulerpas and cheato that are used in fuges for filtration. I assume red grape would be a great hitching post, as it grows in branches and is easy for horses to hitch to. Codium might also work well, but it depends on whether or not you choose to tumble it. It you don't tumble it, it will grow branchy and should be good for seahorse hitching. Other than those, Pinecone algae, pencil caps, udotea, and halmeida all make great hitching posts, but I don't have any that I can sell because they don't really spread quickly (they're heavily calcified).

Do you think the red grape and Ochtodes will be ok being shipped to CA? I ask because I received some Ochtodes last year from another reefer and it basically fell apart and died

after being shipped to CA. I am interested though. Thanks.

Btw, are you shipping tomorrow? If so, I will take the Ochtodes and red grape.

Hi there, I have shipped ochtodes to Cali before without a problem. I ship in actual water which keeps the macros out of the heat and keeps temps constant. The color might fadea bit, but it should return within a few days of being in your tank. I am shipping out Tuesday

I received my algae today and wanted to thank you for the speedy shipping and quality of the macro. Also, thank you for the freebies. Btw, can you tell me what the red freebie is?

I received my algae today and wanted to thank you for the speedy shipping and quality of the macro. Also, thank you for the freebies. Btw, can you tell me what the red freebie is?

Gracilaira tikhaviae :) . Glad everything got there healthy! Thanks for the feedback

Gracilaira tikhaviae :) . Glad everything got there healthy! Thanks for the feedback

Ahh cool. Out of curiosity, other than chaeto, which of the macros grows the fastest for you?

Ahh cool. Out of curiosity, other than chaeto, which of the macros grows the fastest for you?

Definitely caulerpa prolifera. That stuff spreads FAST. It's a nice ground macro if you like the whole jungle look. I prefer smaller species of caulerpa like paplisodes

Do you have a picture of the codium lucasii? What is the growth rate like? Thanks.

This is what it looks like. it's commonly called "chameleon algae" due to the way it changes colors from where you're looking at it. I think it's my favorite macro thus far. The growth rate is pretty slow, it is encrusting. But it is definitely a really cool looking one.

macrorescape009.jpg

macrorescape014.jpg

reefupdates165.jpg

Archived