SaltCritters.com

got2envy's 3g JBJ Pico with Boost LED

got2envy

Hey got2envy, you have a cute tank there. The crab has me worried a bit however. I would keep an eye on him/her. If it has black claws it's usually bad, it my pick at corals and eat the tissue. I am not a fan of crabs in reef aquaria, with the exception of a few species. Keep us posted on the crab :D

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched your video of the crab just now, likely an acro crab of some variety, although is rare to see them on sand like that. Here's a picture of one of three acro crabs I pulled off my acropora coral a few months ago. All three were eating the tissue off the coral so they had to go:

7073827459_75e160d9eb_z.jpg

Some of the damage done:

6378836827_245db22f77_z.jpg

This is where they spend most of their time:

6323092327_dae0724b7a_z.jpg

Note the black claws and hairy body. The size is approximately 5mm diameter, about the size yours looks to be.

Thanks! I did look at the claws and if you watch the video you will see that they are tiny and not the big black tipped claws...the only reason I gave it a chance lol I have seen him since hanging on the rocks and picking...I will keep a very close eye on it! :)

Got some sweet zoa frags from lawnman...aww yeah! will post pix soon :P

Thanks Brad ;)

Yeah buddy always looking to help a veteran out. They opening up and glowing? Where is the picturs?

I will post pix tomorrow, I promise! Everything was opening up nicely but I had to leave for work <_<

Those Carlitos alien eyes are the shiz!! my favorite so far :)

Pix

I dunno what these are but they were on a rock with whammin' watermelons from a shipment from Vietnam and the LFS guy was nice enough to frag me off a piece...had to have them red with orange centers

IMG_20120414_193010-1-1.jpg

Carlito Alien Eyes from Lawnman <3

IMG_20120414_192859-1.jpg

IMG_20120415_114242-1.jpg

Soon to be zoa/paly rock

IMG_20120415_095527-1.jpg

FTS

IMG_20120415_095415-2-1.jpg

Thanks for looking! ;)

Love your scape - makes the tank look way bigger than a 3!

I agree. I would never think this was a 3 gallon. It looks very beautiful so far Maria!

The purdy algae is already growing!! :happydance:

It does duzzinnit :huh: I hope it grows fairly fast, I love the look of it :) my fave next to nemastoma.

Thanks Henry!

I agree. I would never think this was a 3 gallon. It looks very beautiful so far Maria!

Thanks MG! that is what I was shooting for ;)

I dunno if anyone is following this pico but I will keep posting :lol:

I got a teeny tiny yellow clown goby a few days ago...hope I can get it to eat :mellow: it seems to pick at the sand and rocks...a video

th_VID_20120417_161724.jpg

I went to a local club member and got a few frags today...I couldn't possibly fit them all in here so most went in my 40g :P

what did make it in here..Blue Hornets

IMG_20120417_160555-1.jpg

and kryptonite trumpets

IMG_20120417_160532.jpg

a better shot of Carlito alien eyes showing babies :wub:

IMG_20120417_155643-1.jpg

top down shot

IMG_20120417_155921.jpg

I did a water change today and changed filter floss

I'm not smoozing for a frag, I just think it's beautiful! I saw them at WorldWide and was so shocked at how pretty they are, but then, so was most everything else in there!

I'll smooz for a frag! Seriously when you frag that guy hit me up... it's gorgeous.

Love the tank too, it looks way bigger then I'm sure it is.

Does that pearl macro do anything beneficial or does it just look nice?

I know you not smoozing Rog...I want to give you a frag :P now hirschy...he's smoozing :lol:

Let's see what happens, the original colony it came from was fairly big..he had it for about a year and a half and grew it from a frag about the size of the one in this tank..I will prob have to move it to my 40g eventually.

The macro is just pretty...I am sure it is sucking up some nitrates too.

Thanks guys!

I dunno if anyone is following this pico but I will keep posting :lol:

I'm following...keep the posts happening!

sweet tank. i really like the combo you chose for the LEDs. I think I'm gonna get the same par 30 for my new tank

sweet tank. i really like the combo you chose for the LEDs. I think I'm gonna get the same par 30 for my new tank

Another Santa Barbarian?! Sweet!

Sorry guys got a bit busy breaking down my 125g reef :(

I will pot more pix for the monthly FTS :P

it is a nice 20k look :) hard to capture in pictures :(

:unsure:

:mellow::P

She's been quiet lately!!!!

The pearly macro is beautiful. I would love to get my hands on some of that someday!!!!!

I know...I am usually chirping like a cricket lol :lol:

:happydance:

:flower:

Took some pix before i came in to work for the update :happy:

IMG_20120501_115746.jpg

These are from top down...my AOG's are shooting babies out fast...started with 3...sorry they are blurry, I didn't have time to turn the pumps off.

IMG_20120501_120040.jpg

IMG_20120501_120028.jpg

IMG_20120501_115627.jpg

IMG_20120501_115647.jpg

IMG_20120501_115908.jpg

:happydance:

Archived