SaltCritters.com

got2envy's 3g JBJ Pico with Boost LED

got2envy

A few pics..I had to add the pico filter for flow while I wait for my Knano...should be here tomorrow.

Sorry pix are a little poopy..all these are with my Galaxy Nexus phone...I keep forgetting to charge the batteries for my camera :/

IMG_20120401_184355.jpg

IMG_20120401_194348.jpg

IMG_20120401_194227-1.jpg

IMG_20120401_194200.jpg

I added -

green toadstool

leather frag

pink and purple cluster dusters

paly's - 2 pinks with at least 10 on each frag,3 polyps Miami vice, 10 polyps Purple Deaths and 3 polyps nuke greens, 1 brown paly hitch hiker.

zoas- eagle eye mixed frag, radioactive dragon eyes 4 polyps, tubs blues 10 polyps and some small orange.

frogspawn 1 head

3 small superman shrooms

small cluster of blasto merletti

sorry some stuff is closed, I added them in at 4PM...I think the LED's may have to be moved a bit higher.

dats it for today lol

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am as cutthroat as they get! I'll cut cha'! :lol:

:scarry::slap::flower:

:P

Anywho , tank is already looking great. I go out of town for work tomorrow and will be gone for 4 days so I will have some catching up to do for sure.

Anywho , tank is already looking great. I go out of town for work tomorrow and will be gone for 4 days so I will have some catching up to do for sure.

New avy!

shaneandjohn

Wow, I just went thru your thread and that's a very clean looking nano!! I think I can see a winner already:)

Your pics are not bad either.

I am really excited to watch your tank grow, I will Subscribe to this thread. There are many contestants and I can't follow them all, but this Nano looks like it has serious potential:)

Thanks Bryan :happy: I am sure you will catch up fairly quickly...you got skillz.

I have had a few PM's about my filter set up and if the heater fits. The heater does not fit perfect but it's good enough :happy: The water is crystal clear as well as the surface. Now remember I had to cut off part of the intake and rig the surface skimmer for it to skim properly (short tank)

IMG_20120404_075240.jpg

IMG_20120404_075252.jpg

IMG_20120404_075929.jpg

IMG_20120404_080004.jpg

IMG_20120403_170653.jpg

Thanks!

Jacob042426

Im going to get one of those filter. My surface is full of muck, and the picotope stock filter isnt cutting it. I showed my brother your tanks, a.d he was amazed, especially your 10 gallon. :)

Which 10g the Caribbean one? :)

Thanks Jacob! I have used the DF&S filters for a long time now and nothing bothers me more than a beautiful tank with surface scum -_-

A few pix of my frags ..lets see how growth does under the BoostLED :P

Blasto Merletti

IMG_20120404_090855.jpg

whammin' watermelons, toadstool, pink leather, purple deaths and nuke greens

IMG_20120404_092458.jpg

Tubbs blues and radioactive dragon eyes

IMG_20120404_090906.jpg

string of pearls macroalgae and a fight for Spectrum pellets!

IMG_20120404_091015.jpg

My tank is like a Gladiator arena :lol:

Really? it is a cool macro, I have had it for a long time...I just took a 2" piece to see how it does under LED's.

Can you tell I am off from work today :lol:

Ya, the carribean one!

I was thinking of making this tank a Caribbean theme but I already had all these frags from NRF :lol: and I thought macroalgaes in a tank this size would take away from the corals...and I am soooo tired of trimming macroalgae :mellow: I just aded a nice macro (string of pearls), I used to call it "balloon animal macro" before I knew what it was hahaha John (the reefcleaners dude lol) identified it for me but I can't remember the scientific name :huh: I still have a secrete stash of my favorite macroalgaes :ninja:

I picked up a frag of these cool cloves that are black with yellow stripes and green centers..I will try and get a better pic, my tank has a lot of flow so hopefully they will settle in and open up nicely :)

Sweeet!

IMG_20120406_094751.jpg

and the pic I submiited this month in Mike's thread :)

IMG_20120406_094113-1.jpg

No fish yet...waiting for the right goby lol I also ordered some sexies and 2 pom poms..hopefully my LFS can get them in soon.. still doing a half gallon water change every 3-4 days for a soft cycle. I am going to get a couple of frags from a local reef buddy tomorrow...let's see what I pick up ;)

Thanks for looking!

Tank is coming along quite nicely. I can't wait to see it fill in.

+1 Awesome job on the build. B) Can't wait to see that new coral open up !!! :happydance:

+1 Awesome job on the build. B) Can't wait to see that new coral open up !!! :happydance:

Thanks! I know! they are coolest cloves I have seen :happy:

Is your froggy green and white?

Yes, it is bi-color frogspawn...there is a story behind it :) I originally gave Needreeferfunds a frag a few years ago...I had a PH problem in my 125g and lost the colony and NRF just gave me back a frag of my original haha gotta love to share frags with your reef friends...ya never know when you might want one back ;) I have frags from a few reef pals on here...and when ever they want a frag back all they gotta do is ask :happy:

Thanks for looking!

surgicalsense
Yes, it is bi-color frogspawn...there is a story behind it :) I originally gave Needreeferfunds a frag a few years ago...I had a PH problem in my 125g and lost the colony and NRF just gave me back a frag of my original haha gotta love to share frags with your reef friends...ya never know when you might want one back ;) I have frags from a few reef pals on here...and when ever they want a frag back all they gotta do is ask :happy:

Thanks for looking!

I just have the green/purple .... your bi-color is sweet :) and when it grows out I am sure it will look awsome as well. My froggy is one of my favorites in my tank. Shame you lost the colony.

Archived