ReefCleaners.org

ADA 90P 48g -> Now 90g Rimless

jestep

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the scape, over flow kinda distracting but hey what's you gonna do. Nice bta too

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would have really liked an external caflo type. It was already on there so definitely just something to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

This will probably be the last picture update on this tank. Upgrade finalizing in the next week or two. Bought a 90 gallon rimless and in the final stages of moving over to it.

Fish are all getting along very well, but obviously not appropriate once grown for this size tank. Have added a few new corals like the yellow/green table and the acro on the back wall. Really want the extra space so I can trim down to a cleaner look as originally planned. Will probably sell my chalices and lower light coral in the sandbed that have been hiding from the light under my overflow.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Looking good man, I love that blue damsel.

Thanks. He's a Springer's damsel. Great fish that I think is really under appreciated. Pretty much the only peaceful damsel, and they supposedly eat flatworms. Luckily I haven't had to test that out.

IMG_0153.jpg

Deleted User 4

Are you sure they're friendly? Maybe in your big tank, but not in a small tank lol.

Yeah, they're pretty alright. :)

Are you sure they're friendly? Maybe in your big tank, but not in a small tank lol.

Yeah, they're pretty alright. :)

They're about the same as a blue/green chromis as far as temperament goes. Nothing like the evil blue damsels, or really any other damsel that I know of, for that matter.

Deleted User 4

I see. My lfs had one, and I was looking at it. I would've bought it if it weren't for my blue devil in my small tank already haha.

• 1 month later...

I've actually just been reading through your thread to find out what kind of foxface your sig was. Awesome tank and very sad to hear about how your foxface kicked it. I feel like it's one of those "How did he die?" "The movers dropped a piano on him."

I've actually just been reading through your thread to find out what kind of foxface your sig was. Awesome tank and very sad to hear about how your foxface kicked it. I feel like it's one of those "How did he die?" "The movers dropped a piano on him."

That's about the truth. He was a virgate. They're usually called a scribbled. He was by far the most colorful one I've ever seen. Most have very subdued patterns on them. They're still one of the best looking foxfaces IMO, but this one was in another league from the normal ones I've seen.

Here's a full size of him when his colors were really standing out.

foxy-1%20(Custom).jpg

That's about the truth. He was a virgate. They're usually called a scribbled. He was by far the most colorful one I've ever seen. Most have very subdued patterns on them. They're still one of the best looking foxfaces IMO, but this one was in another league from the normal ones I've seen.

Here's a full size of him when his colors were really standing out.

foxy-1%20(Custom).jpg

he's totaly showing off

incredible tank. things seem to be growing fast huh

Thanks. Actually it's been upgraded to a 90 gallon rimless. I've got no self control...

However, not much is changed. I wanted more free space for coral to grow into as well as more free space for the fish. Will post pictures when it settles out a bit. Just moved it last weekend.

Did the tank move this past weekend. Grossly underestimated the time it was going to take. Ended up taking about 8 hours total. House is still a bit of a disaster.

Last shot of the old tank:

IMAG1078%20(Custom).jpg

New tank is a custom 90 gallon rimless. Most everything is a direct migration, but I do have a new and much larger sump.

Used 3/4" Plywood for the base of the stand. Glued a really nice bright pink yoga mat to the plywood for cushion and noise dampening.

IMAG1072%20(Custom).jpg

Dog thought she just got a nice new bed:

IMAG1076%20(Custom).jpg

Sorry dog:

IMAG1077%20(Custom).jpg

Apex and light ballast:

IMAG1083%20(Custom).jpg

Empty and ugly:

IMAG1082%20(Custom).jpg

1 hour of rinsing dry sand isn't enough.

IMAG1085%20(Custom).jpg

Can finally see something. Needs a lot of work.

IMAG1088%20(Custom).jpg

Sump closeup

IMAG1087%20(Custom).jpg

I'm seriously considering switching to a Jaebo WP40 hooked up to the apex. My MP40 and 2 - MP10's are all at 100% NTM and my house sounds like a pump testing lab. Really need to quiet this thing down. Will post more pictures soon. Tank looks much better after settling out a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet upgrade!

I want to buy your ADA you have for sale, but unless you'll take $200 and drive it to illinois for me, I'm out.

Can't wait to see how your 90 evolves.

• 3 weeks later...

Added one of these last week:

marinepure_blocks.jpg

I don't really buy the ridiculous amount of live rock that is often recommended based on some arbitrary tank volume to rock ratio. Same sort of unscientific fish to volume ration IMO. However, with my ceramic features I'm probably at about 15 lbs of rock to 110 gallons of total volume, which is no doubt on the lower side of being realistically able to adequately handle nitrification. Added a 8 x 8 x 4 ceramic block from marine pure which is duly serving as my skimmer stand. Supposedly the block can support actual denitrification, although with biopellet's that's not a huge concern for the time being. It's rather expensive but I decided to stay true to my original plan in that no rock from the ocean will be added to this tank, less a few tiny pieces of rubble that some of my frags came attached to.

Also added a beautiful and tiny gold flake maroon as my male clown jumped a few weeks ago. Really sad since we've had him for about 6 months and my daughter picked him out from another local reef keeper that was able to raise a batch from eggs.

Unfortunately, he's been cast to the sump because my female clown decided they're not compatible. I don't think he would have lasted more than an hour in the main tank. Pretty funny watching him though. He's a fearless pod destroyer even with some torn fins. He will go in my office BTA build when we move locations in about a month. Best looking maroon I've ever seen. Hopefully his color doesn't change too much as he ages.

• 3 weeks later...

You inspired me to get a rabbitfish. I got an S. doliatus, pretty close to your S. virgatus. :)

Nice, they're awesome fish. Once they're settled in I think their personality is better than the typical zebrosoma or bristle tooth tang as well.

jedimasterben

Nice, they're awesome fish. Once they're settled in I think their personality is better than the typical zebrosoma or bristle tooth tang as well.

Mine is just starting t get settled in, and of course started decimating what little macroalgae I had in the tank lol. He is nomming on bubble algae, though, which is what I got him for :)

Archived