Cultivated Reef

ADA 90P 48g -> Now 90g Rimless

jestep

Stand went to crap a few months ago. For the record, aquatic fundamentals stands are not waterproof. Just the occational splashes from my return rotted 3 of 4 sides and the bottom of the stand.

Have the display fuge and tank on a new stand in a new location. Used 4 people and moved the tank with the sand in it. We emptied it, slid the old stand across the room, and did a quick transfer to the new stand. Re-filled and had the water back in it in about 10 minutes. No fish or coral loses which is great.

tank-1-19-2013.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a few updates. Just turned the MH back on so the coral are a little P'd off. Currently re-thinking the layout of the LPS on the sandbed as it's way too cluttered and random right now.

The purple hammer on the right is getting out of hand. Started as a single head, and it's got to be near 40 or 50 now. I also don't like the location of the orange hammer and the little wall-frogspawn in the middle, but I haven't figure out where to move them.

IMAG0824_1024.jpg

IMAG0828_1024.jpg

IMAG0830_1024.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Saw these guys on AAF's website and couldn't pass them up. Pretty much the first 2 branching orange/pink hammer's I've seen. My other 2 orange hammers are both wall hammers.

DSC_01552.jpg

DSC_01562.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Added this guy (Fromia) and a Royal Gramma about a week ago. So far I've seen the gramma only 1 time in a week. Unbelievably good at hiding. Hope he gets more comfortable, as right now he's about the least interesting fish I've ever owned.

Not a fan of aclimating a sea star. Had to go from 1.021 to 1.026 SG which took about 5 hours. Was pretty easy to tell if I was dripping too quickly as the star got mad in a hurry.

IMAG0920_900.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a self imposed hiatus from more coral, which lasted about a week once I saw this. This is one of the few vendors that I actually trust the website pictures since they're local and I've watched them photograph corals for their auctions.

• 3 weeks later...

A few new pictures. Only the actinics on right now.

FTS:

IMG_0030_1024.jpg

Duncans:

IMG_0003a_1024.jpg

Springer's damsel:

IMG_0010a_1024.jpg

Dragon/eagle/whatever eye zoas

IMG_0002a_1024.jpg

Royal Gramma peeking through hammers:

IMG_0011a_1024.jpg

SPS starting to fill in:

IMG_0019_1024.jpg

Acans, and favia:

IMG_0005a_1_1024.jpg

Orange wall hammer

IMG_0001a_1024.jpg

Great tank thread, surprised it hasn't gotten more attention! Any pictures of the display fuge?? Also, have you thought about replacing the in-tank overflow with lily pipes? ADA has amazing looking sets.

Can't wait to see the new BTA in your tank. You haven't received him yet?

Yeah, he's been in the tank for a few weeks. Crawled behind one of the rocks in the left corner. Plenty in the open but hard to photograph.

Display fuge is still work in progress. Probably need to upgrade the lighting on it as I'm just not getting the growth I want from it.

RE: New BTA

Is his color similar to what was pictured? If so my tank isn't ready for it, but if you put me on a clone list I'd be pumped. I see AustinAquaFarms still has 2 more available, but I'm sure they will sell long before I'm ready.

RE: New BTA

Is his color similar to what was pictured? If so my tank isn't ready for it, but if you put me on a clone list I'd be pumped. I see AustinAquaFarms still has 2 more available, but I'm sure they will sell long before I'm ready.

Here's what I shot at lunch:

IMG_0023a_1024.jpg

Pretty close to as pictured. They had about 15 of them when I picked this one up, so I imagine they'll have more on their site/auctions for a few weeks. Also, they seem to fluoresce a lot more than the hammers in actinic because the branching hammer above this one is true to color in the picture from about a month ago.

That is awesome. Beautiful specimen, and (imo) price isn't outrageous like some other morphs. Probably because they just called it what it is (Rose morph) rather then something silly like "Facemelting Super-Cosmic Nova Pinksplosions!" Good vendor I'll keep them tabbed.

• 4 weeks later...
supermarvin76

This is a sweet tank you have! I love the hammers and the Duncan is killer! Lets see some pics of your display fuge too!

This is a sweet tank you have! I love the hammers and the Duncan is killer! Lets see some pics of your display fuge too!

The hammer has started to send out sweepers so the Duncan's been upset on the lower half. Going to need to move the hammer soon. Luckily will be upgrading this to a 90 gallon rimless in about 2 weeks so there should be plenty of room for all.

I'll try to get some of the display fuge. The lighting schedule makes it difficult for me to photograph it. Will likely be taken down as the 90 will take up the entire stand. We'll see though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 90 gallon rimless last week. Should be transitioning in the next month. As of now going to do a straight transfer and not add any hardscape. I really want more swimming space and I'm overstocked with some of my recent additions intended for the larger tank.

Actually, that's an old tank, if you're talking about the scribbled one. I lost that poor guy to a pencil urchin toppling my rockwork in the middle of the night on to the sleeping foxface. I had the yellow temporarily to help with some caulerpa, but rehomed him a few months back.

Archived