Top Shelf Aquatics

Looking for clownfish for sale!

numbus

Hello to the interested Clownfish Seller (if you are not a Clownfish Seller, welcome anyways :D)!

I am looking for a Black Ocellaris Clownfish that is NOT TANK BRED as a buddy for my already existing, tank-bred Black Ocellaris Clownfish. The reason for me wanting one that is not tank bred is that mine swims around my clam and is "hosting" it. He is considered "confused" due to the fact that he is tank-bred, and I believe that if I introduce a new Clownfish that would instinctively go to my Anemone, then my Clownfish would follow his lead. Preferably, it would be better if the Clownfish in question were a juvenile, because my Clownfish is a juvenile as well.

If you do not have a Black Ocellaris for sale, this is okay. I am pretty much looking for just any non-tank-bred Clownfish. Again, preferably a juvenile. Also, if this Clownfish is not a Black Ocellaris, I am looking for it to at least be mostly black and with some stripes of some sort.

If you do have a Clownfish that matches these preferences, and you are interested in selling him to me, then please post a picture and a price.

Here is a small table to make some complications easier:

REQUIREMENTS

• For the Clownfish to be mostly, or at least 2/3 black
  • For the Clownfish to have stripes of some sort
  • For the Clownfish to be non-tank-bred

PREFERENCES

• For the Clownfish to be a Black Ocellaris Clownfish
  • For the Clownfish to be a juvenile

Here is a picture of mine to get an idea for what I am looking for.

BlackOcellarisClownfish2.jpg

Thank you for your time and I hope I get some offers!

Have a nice day. -numbus

The problem is not that your fish is tank bred, the problem is bubble tip anemones are not natural host for this species of clownfish. Even if you get a wild caught clown, it will most likely not be hosted by the anemone you have.

Many tank bred clownfish will live in anemones, some won't.

C.I._Reefer

Once my clowns started hosting my nem, they turned into jerkholes than i never see cuz they are buried in the nem. Plus they got way more aggressive, and now they even bite me if i get near the nem. My next tank is either not gonna have clowns, or not have a nem. Either that, or ill find some that are too stupid to host.

The problem is not that your fish is tank bred, the problem is bubble tip anemones are not natural host for this species of clownfish. Even if you get a wild caught clown, it will most likely not be hosted by the anemone you have.

Many tank bred clownfish will live in anemones, some won't.

Well the thing is that I don't have a BTA. I originally thought I did, and on my main forum I say I do but only because I don't know exactly what it is (Although I believe it is a Sebae).

Once my clowns started hosting my nem, they turned into jerkholes than i never see cuz they are buried in the nem. Plus they got way more aggressive, and now they even bite me if i get near the nem. My next tank is either not gonna have clowns, or not have a nem. Either that, or ill find some that are too stupid to host.

Mine is hosting my clam and it is already aggressive. I can't feed any of the corals near my clam without it biting me, and it gets excessively annoying. However, I still long for the Clownfish/Anemone bonding some day. :tears:

It doesn't matter if it's captive bred or wild caught when it comes to hosting. I've had clowns host clams, xenia, anemones, frogspawn and I have one pair currently hosting a goniopora. Also introducing a new clown doesn't mean the other clown will change hosts. In fact, it will more likely stay by the clam since that's its territory and a new clown will make it feel threatened.

You could try pulling the clown out and changing up your aquascape. That will sometimes lead to the clown finding a new host since it's a "new" territory.

Don't mean to jack your thread. Good luck finding a new clown, just wanted to share my $.02 since captive bred clowns is better for the hobby all around.

Don't mean to jack your thread. Good luck finding a new clown, just wanted to share my $.02 since captive bred clowns is better for the hobby all around.

Well, I was hopping to get another clown to get them to breed, and I just thought I might as well "kill two fish with one live rock." :D

Alpha Aquaculture

I have a bunch of great clowns for sale but none that are wild caught. Check out my site to see all of them. I've got a video and photo of both sides of every clown.

http://alphacorals.com/store/index.php/clown-fish.html

I may also suggest to go with a captive bred partner for your clown versus a wild caught. With a wild caught you may end up with a disease or parasite you are unaware of until its too late. Captive bred fish from reputable sources will not have diseases. Also, its my personal belief that purchasing CB will lessen the amount of clowns that are taken from the ocean. There are a bunch of people breeding black and whites from different lines so inbreeding wouldn't be a concern.

If you want a clown that hosts an anemone I can also help you with that. I have 50 anemones for sale and hundreds of the best designer clowns. I'll get a match for you if you decide CB works. I'll pair the two up so you can see a video of your new clown hosting the specific anemone.

Also, I've heard a lot of people say that taping a photo of a pair of clowns hosting an anemone to the outside of your tank facing in will get non-hosting clowns to host anemones. Give it a shot! Hope I was able to help you.

Good luck!

Kris

+1000000

My clown came from Alpha corals. My clown is very healthy, and amazing looking. He even even hosted way before my first clown did. Now they both live in a frogspawn (I don't have a hosting anemone).

Archived