inTank Media Baskets

Ballz' 3 Gallon

iball1804

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah....but I'll be cheering you on :)

Looks super awesome!!!!! Nice job!!!!!!

Awwww :) Thanks though! I'm super excited.

I'm still waiting for the cardboard tank pics -_-

This afternoon for sure. Sorry for the delay -_-

Alright guys. Dan I appreciate you and your advice. I'm not worried at how it's constructed right now. I've made plenty of tanks mirroring this design and they've all been successful.

Thanks for trying to help though :)

No problem, it s small tank so the problems that large tanks might encounter are not likely going to happen to you. At least I hope not.

And you Mr Deckoz2302, do you build tanks for a living?

I just spoke to Miracle and they told me that proper construction of a tank is to have the glass on top of the bottom pane. but i guess they are talking out of their ass as well. I'm shipping them toilet paper. You sir are the pro and must be builds amazing tank. The only thing that got crushed is your ego. Not mine. My advice is sound and there is no doubting that.

Having all four pieces around the bottom glass is not proper. Two on top and two on the bottom is proper.

My quote was copied as well

Here's the quote

"Glass came in. I'm using GE I Window/Door (clear) and masking tape

Dry fitting.

Prepped and ready to go! I'll push hard in order to get silicone into the seams.

Wish me luck!"

I didn't mean to offend you online and humiluate you. I'm done here with making comments.

So lets just let the OP carry on with what seems to be a great build.

-dan

Dan, thanks for your input. Either way, I'm not changing anything on my tank. Nothing. It's done.

Sides on the bottom should only be done on very small tanks. This tank this is perfectly fine, I've even built a 10 gallon with sides resting on bottom and I've been using it for over 2 years. The most important thing when doing the sides on the bottom method is to have a nice mat underneath the tank to level off the weight and keep from fracturing the bottom.

Larger tanks are almost never built this way, if ever. Usually the bottom glass is a 1/4" or so higher than the sides to keep from fracturing.

Tank looks great Ballz.

Thanks bro! I took off the side tape this morning as the silicone was already hardened. A couple more hours til the leak test! omgomgomg

How much longer???

Your avatar makes me think of this youtube video

Woot! Can't wait for water test and cardboard mock-up pics! Glad to see you got the glass in, and that little tank looks SLICK! Gonna be fun scaping it, or do you already have all that figured out?

Thanks everyone!

Yay! Tank with its Styrofoam base. Just about to get wet.

6985488069_7dbd3f7d58.jpg

omgomgomg

6839367542_71f2ed74f8.jpg

6985489465_2515537f58.jpg

6985490177_646a59a049.jpg

6985490871_176e50384e.jpg

6985491687_ee566c3547.jpg

And here's the infamous cardboard tank! Made with cereal boxes.

6839375884_bbf3b24848.jpg

The LR I've got to work with.

6985497943_978aea9292.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures. I just snapped them with my iPod. Tankwise, I found a needle-sized leaked, but simply patched it up. Now I believe (hope) there are no more leaks. fingerscrossed

Nice dimensions, props to whoever suggested it. B)

Thanks for posting this in a sub forum I never go to btw, I always forget about it until I see it on the home page. :P

Thanks Randi! Appreciate it.

Yeah hopefully no leaks. I should have the overflow this weekend. 100% custom ;)

I'm pretty much general/members, I used to like the beginners section but between borderline troll questions and 100 different "right" answers it just got exhausting. I venture into others but that's pretty infrequent. :lol:

But yes, you posted in the right one, now I just have to start checking it. -_-

Eta to being salty?

Archived